bug: reloadChecks() call in Application.cfc depends on CB? (ColdBox 3.0.0 318-GENESIS-14:14 )

In onRequestStart(required string targetPage), the “Reload Checks” call still requires the present of Coldbox Config. Should it be inside the “// Process A ColdBox Request Only” if block?

I tried browsing directly into a CFC to see the doc in cfcexplorer, but it throw:

Framework Initialization/Configuration ExceptionError Type: Application : [N/A]

Error Messages: Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface com.billing.config/Coldbox.
Ensure that the name is correct and that the component or interface exists.

Good observation Henry I will update this before our release.

Luis Majano
President
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Toll free phone/fax: 1-888-557-8057
Mobile: 909-248-3408
www.ortussolutions.com
www.coldbox.org

Actually the “BootStrap Reinit Check” also depends on invoking /index.cfm first, and this causes problem for me sometimes as the first call to the application is not a Coldbox’s request. Any idea how to fix that?

Hardcode the COLDBOX_APP_ROOT_PATH?
Could we have used onServerStart()?

I still prefer fw/1’s way of defining unhandledExtensions & unhandledPaths. So we can tell the framework to get out of the way when we see fit. https://github.com/seancorfield/fw1/wiki/Developing-Applications-Manual

Thanks,
Henry Ho

Does this apply to application_noinheritance.cfc? i only see commits fot application.cfc

Thank you,
Gabriel

I’m using _noinheritance version.

Henry

FW/1 is nowhere near as complex as ColdBox, anything that is not ColdBox related SHOULD be having its own Application.cfc/cfm so that they can run happily within ColdBox. Or if you are using the SES interceptor, you can write a rule to ignore going into ColdBOx, I would prefer this method but its going to depend on what you are trying to achieve as well.

As for handling Extensions and Paths, you can even write an interceptor maybe to check the request and go and do what you want. Whether it be by checking what you need too, or trying to catch any handler errors.

Personally I would be looking at the SES and .htaccess or whatever you use for rewrite rules, or place an Application.cfc that has all you only ever need to share the application scope and have none of the ColdBox calls.

But again it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

Andrew Scott

http://www.andyscott.id.au/