Cache default is not registered

I responed to this post because one of the errors Rob Daniels got in his logs is similar to mine. “name is not a valid component or
interface name”

1. app is not in a subfolder
  2. i have never used coldbox_app_mapping and is not set for this app.
  3. yes, i am using new modules app conventions
  4. “project” module is located C:\Users\daniel.mejia\Development\sites\api.psomas.com\modules\project
    AND app root is located C:\Users\daniel.mejia\Development\sites\api.psomas.com\
  5. not using external modules
  6. I use a IIS virtual directory for coldbox mapping
  7. I have 4.1.0 in my frameworks folder which was mapped to the coldbox virtual directory. coldbox virtual directory is now mapped to 4.3.0 and 4.1.0 was renamed. Still get the error.
  8. No reason why I have scanlocations “model” set up. I removed it.

cfmapping value is empty. But the packagePath value is “modules.help.models”. “help” module does not have portfolioDAO.cfc.

I hope this helps.

> Rob Daniels got in his logs is similar to mine. “name is not a valid component or interface name”

That’s just a super-generic ColdFusion error. Nothing related to your issue.

> I use a IIS virtual directory for coldbox mapping

IIS virtual directories have no affect on ColdFusion. They are only useful for serving static assets or hitting CF files from the browser.

cfmapping value is empty. But the packagePath value is “modules.help.models”. “help” module does not have portfolioDAO.cfc.

I’m guessing you put a dump/abort in the code, but it’s just aborting the request at the first module it comes to, which is your “help” module. You need to either wrap your dump/abort in a check that looks for the module name in question or wrap the erroring line of code in a temporary try/catch and place the dumps/abort in the catch to ensure that you are debugging the correct module. That code in the ModuleService is basically run over and over for each module as they are registered.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

The IIS virtual directory to my coldbox folder has been working for years. There is nothing else in my setup that is referencing another coldbox folder.

BUT, I’m not getting the error anymore because I removed binder.mapDirectory("#moduleMapping#.models") from each ModuleConfig.cfc of 17 modules. I’ve also used this setting for years and never had problems.

Thanks Brad.

Using IIS virtual folders would never work 100%. It might seem in the surface that it would but it is something I even documented back in ColdBox 2.6.

If you do this, only the web server will know the location of ColdBox. If coldBox spins up a thread or does somethign asynchronous then it will break because there is no mapping to it. ColdFusion does not know anything about the virtual folder. Thus, you should never treat an IIS mapping as an application server mapping.