CB 3.5 Inconsistent Error

I’ve been noticing this error appear every so often and I don’t know the root cause other then possibly a concurrency issue. Has anyone seen this before, or might have an idea how to prevent it?
ProjectService.cfc is a very normal VirtualEntityService and at line 469 is a simple super.criteriaCount call.

Element DATASOURCE is undefined in SETTINGS.
1) [struct]
	COLUMN: 0
	ID: CF_DOTRESOLVER
	LINE: 92
	RAW_TRACE: at cfCFORMUtil2ecfc1347074507$funcGETDEFAULTDATASOURCE.runFunction(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\util\CFORMUtil.cfc:92)
	TEMPLATE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\util\CFORMUtil.cfc
	TYPE: CFML 
 2) [struct]
	ID: CF_UDFMETHOD
	LINE: 65
	RAW_TRACE: at cfCFORMUtil2ecfc1347074507$funcGETENTITYDATASOURCE.runFunction(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\util\CFORMUtil.cfc:65)
	TEMPLATE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\util\CFORMUtil.cfc
 3) [struct]
	ID: CF_TEMPLATEPROXY
	LINE: 1368
	RAW_TRACE: at cfBaseORMService2ecfc214483273$funcCREATECRITERIAQUERY.runFunction(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\BaseORMService.cfc:1368)
	TEMPLATE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\BaseORMService.cfc
 4) [struct]
	LINE: 1342
	RAW_TRACE: at cfBaseORMService2ecfc214483273$funcCRITERIACOUNT.runFunction(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\BaseORMService.cfc:1342)
	TEMPLATE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\BaseORMService.cfc
 5) [struct]
	LINE: 205
	RAW_TRACE: at cfVirtualEntityService2ecfc1199061123$funcCRITERIACOUNT.runFunction(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\VirtualEntityService.cfc:205)
	TEMPLATE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\VirtualEntityService.cfc
 6) [struct]
	ID: CF_SUPERSCOPE
	LINE: 469
	RAW_TRACE: at cfProjectService2ecfc614267237$funcGETFILTEROPTIONCOUNT.runFunction(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\abc123\model\services\project\ProjectService.cfc:469)
	TEMPLATE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\abc123\model\services\project\ProjectService.cfc

Note that is not just ProjectService.cfc’s call to criteriaCount that will throw this error either, pretty much anything that interacts with the BaseORMService:
Below is a handler View.cfc and at line 143 is a call to a VirtualEntityService’s GET method.

Yes this is a known issue with ColdFusion that only ColdBox really has issues with. My hosting provider has reported it to Adobe, where I asked in here for further information from those who know… Curt… So that my host could add to the ticket.

But when I do a search in the tickets, there is nothing returned from Adobe. Which means nobody has raised this with Adobe as yet.

Ah that’s unfortunate to hear. Have you thought of any ideas to try & prevent it?
I was thinking of possibly watching for this error and re-running the CB event once in case it happens, but I know how bad that sounds.

Curt says that this is to do with implements on components, haven’t tried it myself but he says once he removed these he got no more of these errors.

Hm there’s only 4 components in the whole orm/hibernate folder that use implements, and I would think/hope just removing them from the *ORMUtil.cfc’s would be sufficient if that was the cause.

CFORMUtil.cfc
ORMUtil.cfc
EventHandler.cfc
WBEventHandler.cfc

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try this out tonight.

Would be good to raise an issue as well

With adobe that is

Yeah I asked Curt in another post about more information, and a ticket if there was one, so my host could also add to the ticket. But why they didn’t raise it either is a mystery, I think they wanted more information from someone who knew about this, which is why I posted in this forum for Curt to help with the more info. But never heard back from him and I am just getting used to seeing it.

Removed the implements on CFORMUtil.cfc and ORMUtil.cfc, I’ll watch the log for the next couple days.

Had a bad thought though, what if this error stems from the the ORM event handlers that are required to implement CFIDE.orm.IEventHandler?

Guys,

I have seen this issue and the fix was indeed to remove the implementation from CFORMUtil.cfc. I have never raised a bug because I can not find a situation where I can reproduce the issue on any kind of consistent basis. We tried for a while to get it to be able to be reproduced with load tests and lots of other ways. Its hard to raise a bug without the situation it can be reproduced in. If someone else has found a way to reproduce it consistently, I will gladly vote for the bug.

Curt

I hear you Curt, and I feel Hostek had the same attitude as well, which is why they wanted to add to an existing ticket. For me I see them like once or twice every 1-3 days, not enough to pin point an exact cause.

Just wanted to update this thread, after removing the implements… the error still happens (Completely restarted the CF service to make sure the change took effect).