CB201 :: Application generator

I was having a go at the Application Generator, but got this message

An error occurred generating your application. Please look at the logs for more information. Diagnostic: The cause of this exception was: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\cfmxroot\wwwroot\coldbox\genny\config\config.xml.cfm (The system cannot find the path specified). An error occurred when performing a file operation read on file C:\cfmxroot\wwwroot\coldbox\genny\config\config.xml.cfm.

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Hi AJ,
Where exactly did you get this? Can you list the steps you took to get
this error, so I can try to reproduce it.

Thanks.

win xp
apache
cf8

http://coldbox.webonix.org/coldbox/dashboard/
=> Tools (defaults to application generator page)
See attached for form details
Click generate button

It creates the folder - screenshot also attached

I downloaded the new framework and dashboard using the links in the dashboard.

I did coldbox first
then dropped the new dashboard into coldbox/dashboard

genny-folder.jpg

Hi AJ,

I am trying it now, with your same parameters and see what I get on win xp and cf7

Ok, got same error. Will try with other data and let you know.

Thanks Luis

Ok, saw the error. the apptemplate is wrong. MAN!! I switched in an older one. Here it is, replace the apptemplate.zip with this one for now. Will update the project tomorrow.

apptemplate.zip (28 KB)

Just drop it in here?
\coldbox\ApplicationTemplate

I am still getting the following. i will wait for the official update

An error occurred generating your application. Please look at the logs for more information. Diagnostic: The cause of this exception was: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\cfmxroot\wwwroot\coldbox.webonix.net\genny\config\config.xml.cfm (The system cannot find the path specified). An error occurred when performing a file operation read on file C:\cfmxroot\wwwroot\coldbox.webonix.net\genny\config\config.xml.cfm.

http://www.luismajano.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/5/31/Dashboard-Urgent-Update

Thanks Luis - once I put the zip in the correct place it started working :slight_smile:

Though your post reads like it is my fault the zip was corrupt :-p

No,

My zip was corrupt!! It had the wrong paths.

yeah, I know - was just been cheeky