[coldbox:0] Coldbox: Blank page?

I have recently run into an interesting problem when setting up a new CB application:

My boss was trying to generate a new CB app from an extension inside CF Builder.
Here are a few stats first:

Coldfusion Builder

Version: 1.0.0

Build: 271911

Coldbox Platform Utilities v 1.9

Built on April 18 2010

CF Ver: Coldfusion 9 (on Linux)

He has his setup like this:

He has a shared drive via samba on the linux box and he creates a directory for the app, then he creates a new application from inside CFBuilder and points it to the directory that he just created. The only thing he has changed is removed the .bak extension for two files (Right now, I can’t remember which files they were)

When he tries to start his application, he’s greeted with either a blank page (nothing in the source) or an error that says:

“Error”,“jrpp-77”,“05/20/10”,“12:46:22”,“9EA7D0CC5AEA8D2A32CC5A2BD1F7B4DF”,"
The config.xml file does not validate with the framework’s schema. & The error details are:
[Error] :30:52: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value ‘MissingTemplateHandler’ is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[AppMapping, AppName, ApplicationStartHandler, CustomErrorTemplate, CustomEmailBugReport, ColdboxLogsLocation, ConfigAutoReload, DebugMode, DebugPassword, DefaultEvent, DefaultLogLevel, EventName, ExceptionHandler, EnableBugReports, EnableColdfusionLogging, EnableDumpVar, EnableColdboxLogging, EventCaching, FlashURLPersistScope, HandlersIndexAutoReload, HandlersExternalLocation, HandlerCaching, IOCFramework, IOCFrameworkReload, IOCDefinitionFile, IOCObjectCaching, MessageboxStyleOverride, ModelsExternalLocation, ModelsObjectCaching, ModelsSetterInjection, ModelsDebugMode, ModelsStopRecursion, ModelsDICompleteUDF, MyPluginsLocation, onInvalidEvent, OwnerEmail, ProxyReturnCollection, RequestEndHandler, RequestStartHandler, RequestContextDecorator, ReinitPassword, SessionStartHandler, SessionEndHa… The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\wamp\www\sicd\index.cfm, line: 381 "
coldfusion.runtime.CustomException:
The config.xml file does not validate with the framework’s schema. & The error details are:
[Error] :30:52: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value ‘MissingTemplateHandler’ is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration ‘[AppMapping, AppName, ApplicationStartHandler, CustomErrorTemplate, CustomEmailBugReport, ColdboxLogsLocation, ConfigAutoReload, DebugMode, DebugPassword, DefaultEvent, DefaultLogLevel, EventName, ExceptionHandler, EnableBugReports, EnableColdfusionLogging, EnableDumpVar, EnableColdboxLogging, EventCaching, FlashURLPersistScope, HandlersIndexAutoReload, HandlersExternalLocation, HandlerCaching, IOCFramework, IOCFrameworkReload, IOCDefinitionFile, IOCObjectCaching, MessageboxStyleOverride, ModelsExternalLocation, ModelsObjectCaching, ModelsSetterInjection, ModelsDebugMode, ModelsStopRecursion, ModelsDICompleteUDF, MyPluginsLocation, onInvalidEvent, OwnerEmail, ProxyReturnCollection, RequestEndHandler, RequestStartHandler, RequestContextDecorator, ReinitPassword, SessionStartHandler, SessionEndHandler, UDFLibraryFile, ViewsExternalLocation]’. It must be a value from the enumeration.

[Error] :30:52: cvc-attribute.3: The value ‘MissingTemplateHandler’ of attribute ‘name’ on element ‘Setting’ is not valid with respect to its type, ‘null’.

[Error] :34:53: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value ‘PluginsExternalLocation’ is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration ‘[AppMapping, AppName, ApplicationStartHandler, CustomErrorTemplate, CustomEmailBugReport, ColdboxLogsLocation, ConfigAutoReload, DebugMode, DebugPassword, DefaultEvent, DefaultLogLevel, EventName, ExceptionHandler, EnableBugReports, EnableColdfusionLogging, EnableDumpVar, EnableColdboxLogging, EventCaching, FlashURLPersistScope, HandlersIndexAutoReload, HandlersExternalLocation, HandlerCaching, IOCFramework, IOCFrameworkReload, IOCDefinitionFile, IOCObjectCaching, MessageboxStyleOverride, ModelsExternalLocation, ModelsObjectCaching, ModelsSetterInjection, ModelsDebugMode, ModelsStopRecursion, ModelsDICompleteUDF, MyPluginsLocation, onInvalidEvent, OwnerEmail, ProxyReturnCollection, RequestEndHandler, RequestStartHandler, RequestContextDecorator, ReinitPassword, SessionStartHandler, SessionEndHandler, UDFLibraryFile, ViewsExternalLocation]’. It must be a value from the enumeration.

[Error] :34:53: cvc-attribute.3: The value ‘PluginsExternalLocation’ of attribute ‘name’ on element ‘Setting’ is not valid with respect to its type, ‘null’.

[Error] :36:53: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value ‘LayoutsExternalLocation’ is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration ‘[AppMapping, AppName, ApplicationStartHandler, CustomErrorTemplate, CustomEmailBugReport, ColdboxLogsLocation, ConfigAutoReload, DebugMode, DebugPassword, DefaultEvent, DefaultLogLevel, EventName, ExceptionHandler, EnableBugReports, EnableColdfusionLogging, EnableDumpVar, EnableColdboxLogging, EventCaching, FlashURLPersistScope, HandlersIndexAutoReload, HandlersExternalLocation, HandlerCaching, IOCFramework, IOCFrameworkReload, IOCDefinitionFile, IOCObjectCaching, MessageboxStyleOverride, ModelsExternalLocation, ModelsObjectCaching, ModelsSetterInjection, ModelsDebugMode, ModelsStopRecursion, ModelsDICompleteUDF, MyPluginsLocation, onInvalidEvent, OwnerEmail, ProxyReturnCollection, RequestEndHandler, RequestStartHandler, RequestContextDecorator, ReinitPassword, SessionStartHandler, SessionEndHandler, UDFLibraryFile, ViewsExternalLocation]’. It must be a value from the enumeration.

[Error] :36:53: cvc-attribute.3: The value ‘LayoutsExternalLocation’ of attribute ‘name’ on element ‘Setting’ is not valid with respect to its type, ‘null’.

[Error] :60:10: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element ‘Models’. One of ‘{DebuggerSettings, MailServerSettings, BugTracerReports, DevEnvironments, WebServices, Layouts, i18N, Datasources, Cache, Interceptors, Conventions}’ is expected.

I am suspecting that the extension is the problem here or is something else wrong?

Thanks,

-Mal

what version of Coldbox is he running? It looks like the config is not being recognized. My suspicion is because he’s running a different version of Coldbox than the extension targets.

• Gabriel

Currently running ColdBox 2.6.4 RENEWED

BTW - I can duplicate the results on my localbox.

My local box stats:
ColdBox 2.6.4 RENEWED
Winxp
Using Wamp 2.0

Any app I generate with my dashboard, works fine.

That’s the issue then. The CF Builder extensions are for CB 3.0. Not for anything below that.

• Gabriel

Thanks! I’ll let him know.