[coldbox-3.5.0-Final] Extending Entity with ActiveEntity Can't Find Entity

Hi,

I’m playing with the new 3.5 ActiveEntity but CF is failing to find the entity when I extend it with ActiveEntity. For example with …

component entityname=“Faculty” table=“SITSFACULTIES” persistent=“true” {
property name=“ID” column=“FACCODE” fieldtype=“id” generator=“assigned” setter=“false” ;
property name=“shortName” column=“FACSNAM” ormtype=“string” notnull=“true” setter=“false”;
property name=“name” column=“FACNAME” ormtype=“string” notnull=“true” setter=“false”;
property name=“isUsed” column=“FACIUSE” ormtype=“string” notnull=“true” setter=“false”;

private void function init() {
super.init(useQueryCaching=true);

variables.ID = “”;
variables.shortName = “”;
variables.name = “”;
variables.isUsed = “Y”;
}
}

…the call…

objFaculty = entityNew(“Faculty”);

…works fine but if I define the entity like this…

component entityname=“Faculty” table=“SITSFACULTIES” extends=“coldbox.system.orm.hibernate.ActiveEntity” persistent=“true” {
property name=“ID” column=“FACCODE” fieldtype=“id” generator=“assigned” setter=“false” ;
property name=“shortName” column=“FACSNAM” ormtype=“string” notnull=“true” setter=“false”;
property name=“name” column=“FACNAME” ormtype=“string” notnull=“true” setter=“false”;
property name=“isUsed” column=“FACIUSE” ormtype=“string” notnull=“true” setter=“false”;

private void function init() {
super.init(useQueryCaching=true);

variables.ID = “”;
variables.shortName = “”;
variables.name = “”;
variables.isUsed = “Y”;
}
}

…I get…

No entity (persitent component) with name [Faculty] found, available entities are []
component are searched in the following directories [C:\website\icdms\webroot\model\entity]

…when plainly the entity does exist in the location specified by this.ormSettings.cfclocation= “/model/entity” in Application.cfc

Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Environment: Railo Express 3.3.1

Richard

what does using the virtualEntityService/BaseORMService result?

That doesn’t seem to generate an error.

Might want to submit a bug to Railo. As that is just a normal inheritance. Nothing fancy

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp
www.ortussolutions.com

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/731/483
Social: twitter.com/ortussolutions | twitter.com/coldbox | twitter.com/lmajano

I’ve just updated Railo Express to bleeding edge version 3.3.2.003 and that seems to have fixed this issue.

More testing to do, so if I find any more issues I’ll come back here.

Richard