[Coldbox 3.5.2] Validation on ColdFusion 8

Ok, my guess is that this will not work on ColdFusion 8, can you turn DEBUG on your logs, and see if there is any failure on the validationManager. When I look at all the code, it appears to be using ColdFusion 9 syntax.

I am guessing…

Ok, wasn’t sure. Brad Wood had mentioned that it should work in ColdFusion 8.

Yeah I am almost certain that this

import coldbox.system.validation.;
import coldbox.system.validation.result.
;

is ColdFusion 9… As the entire ValidationManager is written in cfscript as well… I guess the next stage here would be to write your own validation manager, by looking at how easy that is, writing the validation manager to work in ColdFusion 8 code shouldn’t be too difficult.

Ok cool! Thanks for the help, and yea I guess that’s what it is. Oh well…back to writing my own I suppose :slight_smile:

Yeah even the IValidationManager is ColdFusion 9 cfscript as well, so when you extend that you might want to convert that and stick it with your validationManager as well.

I guess as ColdFusion 8, is no longer supported, would make sense as this was written after the support for ColdFusion 8 was dropped. That is a guess at this stage.

But I see no reason why it can’t work after being written in older tags and script, from the quick glance off the code I don’t see anything else that won’t fail.