[coldbox-3.5.3] Could not find...coldbox.system.web.services.ExceptionService

Interesting issue here. I have a ColdBox app which is running perfectly fine in dev (doesn’t it always!). When I move it to any of our alpha or QA servers, I start getting VERY intermittent errors like so:

`
Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface coldbox.system.web.services.ExceptionService.

struct
COLUMN 0
ID CF_CFPAGE
LINE 188
RAW_TRACE at cfController2ecfc301387872$funcGETEXCEPTIONSERVICE.runFunction(…coldbox-3.5.3\system\web\Controller.cfc:188)
TEMPLATE …coldbox-3.5.3\system\web\Controller.cfc
TYPE CFML

struct
COLUMN 0
ID CF_TEMPLATEPROXY
LINE 342
RAW_TRACE at cfColdbox2ecfc1946462415$funcPROCESSCOLDBOXREQUEST.runFunction(…coldbox-3.5.3\system\Coldbox.cfc:342)
TEMPLATE …coldbox-3.5.3\system\Coldbox.cfc
TYPE CFML

struct
COLUMN 0
ID CF_UDFMETHOD
LINE 382
RAW_TRACE at cfColdbox2ecfc1946462415$funcONREQUESTSTART.runFunction(…coldbox-3.5.3\system\Coldbox.cfc:382)
TEMPLATE …coldbox-3.5.3\system\Coldbox.cfc
TYPE CFML

struct
COLUMN 0
ID CF_TEMPLATEPROXY
LINE 85
RAW_TRACE at cfApplication2ecfc2116269783$funcONREQUESTSTART.runFunction(…Application.cfc:85)
TEMPLATE …Application.cfc
TYPE CFML

`

• CFAdmin settings are the same across environments

• Component Caching is turned off

• DB is the same for all environments (SQLServer)

• CB settings for all environments is the same

• handlerCaching = true

• eventCaching = true

• handlersIndexAutoReload = false

• singletonReload = false
    My app is currently leveraging the following extension points:

• plugins (some ORM helpers here)
    I also have some application-level mappings for

• ColdBox

• a models folder external to my site
    Finally, my app is nearly entirely AJAX-based, but I’m not currently using the CB proxy.

I’m quite at a loss as to how to debug this. There does not seem to be a pattern to when the errors occur: 20 straight requests will be fine, but the next 1 will throw the error, and then the next 15 will be fine. And try as I might, I cannot replicate this locally.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing something like this or, absent that, have suggestions for how I can drill down into debugging this better?

I appreciate any suggestions–thanks!

I put a dump into the ColdBox.cfc in core to dump the error before the fail of the ExceptionService. I’m now getting this error (as well as others):

Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface coldbox.system.web.context.RequestContext.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Try
As a cf mapping instead
Of per app to see

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Toll Free/Fax: 1-888-557-8057
Direct: 909-248-3408
www.ortussolutions.com
Twitter: @lmajano, @ortussolutions