[ColdBox 3.5] Invalid Event detected?

Hi,

For some reason Coldbox seems to be treating references to my “includes/images” directory as coldbox events. I’m using SES set up and my URLs do not contain index.cfm in them.

In my layout templates I have this near the top in the HTML section.

For some reason though, I keep getting flooded with emails from LogBox saying:

Invalid Event detected: Customers.includes. Path info: /customers/includes/images/favicon.ico , query string:

I can’t for the life figure out why this is happening. There is NOT an includes directory in the reports folder.

Any help appreciated.

Why start a new thread for this?

The answer is simple, if you are using or trying to do event.buildLink() for your includes you are going to have this problem.

I’m not using event.buildLink() for my css and/or images.

If the resource doesn’t exist, coldbox may be a “fall-back” - depending on how your server is setup and how SES is handled.

Are you using apache? Tomcat or Jrun?

It might be worth amending your favicon link to an absolute url (“/favicon.ico”).

Tom.

You know come to think of it, I had something similar awhile ago…

Make sure your images and styles folders are not being rewritten by what ever rules you are using, I do actually recall something similar.

I think what is happening is your includes are being processed by the rewrite rules, which in turn thinks it is an event, so you need to add a rule that stops this.

Yes, this sounds very promising Andrew. I’ve actually using some default rewrite rules, so I’m not sure what needs to be added to prevent this. I’m using IIS 7 for my web server.

Do you know off hand what I need to add?

I use Helicon rewrite which looks something like this.

#Images, css, javascript and docs, add your own extensions if needed.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .(bmp|gif|jpe?g|png|css|js|txt|pdf|doc|xls|ico|swf)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [NC,L]

Not sure if Luis put anything for IIS rules into Coldbox, you might want to check the package.

Yup, that was it. “ico” wasn’t added in my rewrite rules.

Thanks!