[coldbox-4.0.0.00150] [cborm-1.0.0.00033] can't find component [cborm.models.VirtualEntityService]

Hi,

I was trying to take an existing 3.8.x app to see what it might take to get it running on the coldbox 4 Beta.

I installed the cborm by using CommandBox:

install cborm

Which placed the cborm folder inside my modules folder as I would expect.

I progressed through a few of the errors by adjusting paths in things like my ORMEventHandler.cfc which in 3.8 looked like this:

`

component extends=“coldbox.system.orm.hibernate.EventHandler” { }

`

and changed it to:

`

component extends=“modules.cborm.models.EventHandler” { }

`

However, many of my models extend the ActiveEntity.cfc which used to exist in the coldbox.system folder:

`
component persistent=“true” table=“users” extends=“coldbox.system.orm.hibernate.ActiveEntity” {

…properties, constructor, etc…

}
`

I changed this to point to

`
component persistent=“true” table=“users” extends=“modules.cborm.models.ActiveEntity” {

…properties, constructor, etc…

}

`

The above path seemed wrong to me since I thought the module was registering a cfmapping of cborm based on the property in ModuleConfig.cfc for the cborm module.

`
this.cfmapping = “cborm”;

`

Shouldn’t the above path be able to omit the "modules’ portion of the path? I added modules to the component path otherwise it won’t find the ActiveEntity.cfc. However, in doing so when ActiveEntity.cfc is trying to inherit from the VirtualEntityService.cfc and I get the following error:

Railo 4.2.1.000 Error (expression)
Message invalid component definition, can’t find component [cborm.models.VirtualEntityService]
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/modules/cborm/models/ActiveEntity.cfc: line 23

21:
22: /
23: component extends=“cborm.models.VirtualEntityService” accessors=“true”{
24:
25: /

called from /models/UserAgent.cfc: line 1
called from /coldbox/system/core/util/Util.cfc: line 230
called from /coldbox/system/ioc/config/Mapping.cfc: line 582
called from /coldbox/system/ioc/config/Binder.cfc: line 914
called from /coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc: line 157
called from /coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc: line 92
called from /coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 121
called from /coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 71
called from /coldbox/system/Bootstrap.cfc: line 71
called from /Application.cfc: line 57

Java Stacktrace invalid component definition, can’t find component [cborm.models.VirtualEntityService]
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.java:296):296
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:41):41
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.init(ComponentImpl.java:370):370
at modules.cborm.models.activeentity_cfc$cf.initComponent(/modules/cborm/models/ActiveEntity.cfc):-1
at modules.cborm.models.activeentity_cfc$cf.newInstance(/modules/cborm/models/ActiveEntity.cfc:23):23
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.initComponent(ComponentLoader.java:558):558
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:439):439
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.java:375):375
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.java:128):128
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:41):41
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.init(ComponentImpl.java:370):370
at models.useragent_cfc$cf.initComponent(/models/UserAgent.cfc):-1
at models.useragent_cfc$cf.newInstance(/models/UserAgent.cfc:1):1
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.initComponent(ComponentLoader.java:558):558
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:439):439
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.java:375):375
at railo.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.java:128):128
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.loadComponent(PageContextImpl.java:2893):2893
at railo.runtime.functions.other.CreateObject.doComponent(CreateObject.java:210):210
at railo.runtime.functions.other.GetComponentMetaData.call(GetComponentMetaData.java:33):33
at coldbox.system.core.util.util_cfc$cf.udfCall2(/coldbox/system/core/util/Util.cfc:230):230
at coldbox.system.core.util.util_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/core/util/Util.cfc):-1
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:92):92
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:306):306
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:207):207
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:623):623
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:506):506
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1738):1738
at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:724):724
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1554):1554
at coldbox.system.ioc.config.mapping_cfc$cf.udfCall6(/coldbox/system/ioc/config/Mapping.cfc:582):582
at coldbox.system.ioc.config.mapping_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/ioc/config/Mapping.cfc):-1
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:194):194
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:624):624
at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.callWithNamedValues(ComponentImpl.java:1755):1755
at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:755):755
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1564):1564
at coldbox.system.ioc.config.binder_cfc$cf.udfCall7(/coldbox/system/ioc/config/Binder.cfc:914):914
at coldbox.system.ioc.config.binder_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/ioc/config/Binder.cfc):-1
at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:724):724
at coldbox.system.ioc.injector_cfc$cf.udfCall1(/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc:157):157
at coldbox.system.ioc.injector_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc):-1
at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:748):748
at coldbox.system.ioc.injector_cfc$cf.udfCall1(/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc:92):92
at coldbox.system.ioc.injector_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc):-1
at coldbox.system.web.services.loaderservice_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc:121):121
at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:748):748
at coldbox.system.web.services.loaderservice_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc:71):71
at coldbox.system.bootstrap_cfc$cf.udfCall1(/coldbox/system/Bootstrap.cfc:71):71
at coldbox.system.bootstrap_cfc$cf.udfCall(/coldbox/system/Bootstrap.cfc):-1
at application_cfc$cf.udfCall(/Application.cfc:57):57
at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.call(ModernAppListener.java:388):388
at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.onApplicationStart(ModernAppListener.java:266):266
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.initApplicationContext(PageContextImpl.java:2792):2792
at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:101):101
at railo.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:18):18
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2218):2218
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2185):2185
at railo.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:332):332
at railo.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:29):29
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790):790
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletHandler.handleRequest(ServletHandler.java:85):85
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.security.ServletSecurityRoleHandler.handleRequest(ServletSecurityRoleHandler.java:61):61
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletDispatchingHandler.handleRequest(ServletDispatchingHandler.java:36):36
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.security.SSLInformationAssociationHandler.handleRequest(SSLInformationAssociationHandler.java:113):113
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.security.ServletAuthenticationCallHandler.handleRequest(ServletAuthenticationCallHandler.java:56):56
at io.undertow.security.handlers.AbstractConfidentialityHandler.handleRequest(AbstractConfidentialityHandler.java:45):45
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.security.ServletConfidentialityConstraintHandler.handleRequest(ServletConfidentialityConstraintHandler.java:61):61
at io.undertow.security.handlers.AuthenticationMechanismsHandler.handleRequest(AuthenticationMechanismsHandler.java:58):58
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.security.CachedAuthenticatedSessionHandler.handleRequest(CachedAuthenticatedSessionHandler.java:70):70
at io.undertow.security.handlers.SecurityInitialHandler.handleRequest(SecurityInitialHandler.java:76):76
at io.undertow.server.handlers.PredicateHandler.handleRequest(PredicateHandler.java:25):25
at io.undertow.server.handlers.PredicateHandler.handleRequest(PredicateHandler.java:25):25
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletInitialHandler.handleFirstRequest(ServletInitialHandler.java:240):240
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletInitialHandler.dispatchRequest(ServletInitialHandler.java:227):227
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletInitialHandler.access$000(ServletInitialHandler.java:73):73
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletInitialHandler$1.handleRequest(ServletInitialHandler.java:146):146
at io.undertow.server.Connectors.executeRootHandler(Connectors.java:168):168
at io.undertow.server.HttpServerExchange$1.run(HttpServerExchange.java:727):727
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source):-1
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source):-1
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1

Timestamp 9/25/14 12:19:42 AM MDT

I stopped here as at this point as I would be messing with the cborm module files directly and that seemed to go against the grain.

I even uninstalled the coldbox-be package via commandbox and cleaned my artifacts to make sure I re-installed a fresh coldbox-be package in case this may have been fixed over the last couple of days.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing here would be much appreciated!

-tim

What version of ColdFusion/Railo are you using?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

It’s using the default railo that command box provided ( Railo 4.2.1.000) - final based on a dump of the SERVER scope.

Thanks!
Tim

The problem Tim is that ORM loads before our modules. So if you are using event handler and active entity you must add the mapping manually to your application.cfc.

I also mention this in the instructions.txt included. I have found no workaround as of yet.

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp

P/F: 1-888-557-8057
Direct: (909) 248-3408

ContentBox Platform: http://www.gocontentbox.org
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/731/483
Social: twitter.com/ortussolutions | twitter.com/coldbox | twitter.com/lmajano | twitter.com/gocontentbox

Thanks Luis! I was able to get this working by adding the mapping.

this.mappings[’/cborm’] = COLDBOX_APP_ROOT_PATH & ‘modules\cborm’;

Just wasn’t sure if that was the best way to go. I had looked in the readme and instructions.txt but didn’t see anything about adding it as a mapping.

The instructions.txt just says to drop it into the modules folders. See below. Thanks again for your help.

Added to the instructions thanks

Luis Majano CEO Ortus Solutions, Corp www.ortussolutions.com P/F: 1-888-557-8057 Direct: (909) 248-3408 ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org ContentBox Platform: http://www.gocontentbox.org Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/731/483 Social: twitter.com/ortussolutions | twitter.com/coldbox | twitter.com/lmajano | twitter.com/gocontentbox

Thanks again. Just as a side note CommandBox made pulling your update a breeze.

I simply removed the artifact then forced the install of cborm and then viewed the instructions.txt file and your updated notes were there. This was sooo much faster than browsing to a download, unzipping and replacing the module.

For others the commands I used were ((from application root):

artifacts remove cborm

then:

install cborm --force

then:

cat /modules/cborm/instructions.txt

also love the Package command to check dependencies to see what version

package show dependencies

Thanks again!

Glad to hear CommandBox is useful alread! Thanks for posting the commands so other people can follow along.

Once we finalize the modules, we will be bumping the version number with new releases which means you won’t need to clear the artifacts since it will be a newer version than what is in the cache.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com