[coldbox:7772] Re: Missing event handler in external location

RC1.

Can you check latest I completely reworked it.

Sure thing.

Sorry to still be hitting RC1 so much. We're still on it at work, so its the version in front of me most of the day. I'm hoping to start running RC2 on dev after it comes out.

~Brad

Luis, I just tested this with the latest on github, and it looks like
the problem is still there.

I tried my suggested change that I made on RC1 (changing out the last
line of getRegisteredHandler()) and that fix still works so I would
recommend adding it in for RC2.

Thanks!

~Brad

Brad can you remind me of this, I am lost of the problem and solution. I want to add this before I close rc2

You can always just re-read the OP :slight_smile:
http://groups.google.com/group/coldbox/browse_thread/thread/cad78b964515dbaf

I tried to do a pull request for this last night, but Git is still kickin’ my butt. I’ve cloned the main coldbox repo as well as my fork. I got the nightly running locally, and made several changes to my fork, but I’m a little confused about whether or not I do the pull request from my local PC, or if I have to commit the changes to git-hub and do the pull request from there. The “commit” option is grayed out in eGit, so I must be missing something really obvious because it won’t even let me commit. sigh Any help there would be appreciated.

~Brad

I believe you have to commit and then push to github on your own
fork. Then once pushed, you can go to github and send me a pull
request for it. Also, I needed a revision of the code since you
looked at rc1 and not the latest, so I really don't know the issue
location anymore.

Hope this helps.

I believe you have to commit and then push to github on your own fork.

Yeah, that’s what it’s not letting me do. I know you’re not familiar with eGit so I’m hoping someone else will chime in, but I made the changes to my fork, but when I right click and go to “team”, the “commit…” menu item is grayed out with no explanation. Kind of frustrating really. (I tried googling for a bit for “egit commit is grayed out” and “egit can’t commit” with no immediate success.)

Also, I needed a revision of the code since you looked at rc1 and not the latest, so I really don’t know the issue location anymore.

Well, I compared the version of RC1 and the nightly last night and honestly there’s not too much different in the file. Mostly removal of cfargument types (what’s up with that anyway) and swapping getSetting for instance variables. The last line of the method I changed actually hadn’t changed at all, so applying my fix to the nightly was the exact same as it was for RC1. The code I pasted in the original post that is the last two lines of getRegisteredHandler from RC1 is still the same code on the nightly so it should be easy to find.

Thanks!

~Brad

Try command line git. You really need to start with cli. Maybe you cloned read only repo? Try git push with cli and see what it says.

Try command line git. You really need to start with cli.

Thanks for the help Peter. Pardon my ignorance, but I have absolutely no clue how to access the command line for Git. All I know is I installed the eGit plug-in into ColdFusion Builder and now I have a Git perspective. Do I access the command line via Eclipse or do I have to open a DOS window, CD to a dir, and start banging away?

Maybe you cloned read only repo?

That’s possible. How do I tell? I connected to my fork with my username and password from github using the HTTPS url? Is there a setting in github to make a repo read-only, or is it all based on the URL you use?

Try git push with cli and see what it says.

Ok, and to confirm, unlike SVN, committing doesn’t push anything to the remote repo, it just commits it “locally”, right?

Thanks again for the help. I feel like such a newb trying to figure this out!

~Brad

Hey brad, on iPhone so gonna be brief. Go to github, read the help docs. It’s really worth investing a couple of hours learning git and the command line is required to ‘get’ it.

OK, I'm still wading through the new Git stuff. I have managed to
commit this to my local Git repo and push it to my fork on GitHub and
created a pull request. (Yay!)

I have two other unrelated pull requests I would like to make, but
apparently I can only have one pull request at a time. Would I have
to make multiple forks on github to submit more than a single pull
request?

I guess once we figure this one out, I'll move on to the next. Thanks
for the Github help so far everyone.

Thanks!

~Brad