[coldbox:8009] VirtualEntityService Data Paging

Ben,

The virtual service is just an extension of base so all the same parameters and arguments apply except you don't need to send in an entity name.

Curt Gratz

Thanks … Okay I see that I have to pass in named parameters in order to access the BaseORMService parameters… should the VirtualEntityService be updated to contain all default parameters that the methods in the BaseORMService have? That way someone could pass in all parameters without having to name them? Im coming from an ActionScript world where all functions/methods are executed with parameters passed in in sequence.

In my initial code, I had userService.getAll(). Now I want to have this data be chunked into sets.

So, if I want to accomplish this, do I have to now also provide a hibernate query string for findAll() or is there a way without having to write a query string?

I tried findAll(max=25,offset=0), but that throws the error since it requires the query string.

It seems non-ideal to have to write a query string to find all users when I want to break it into paged result sets…

Any thoughts or suggestions?

-Ben

Ben,

You can use list(max=25,offset=0,asQuery=false) to accomplish what you are looking to do.

Also, you don’t have to pass in the parameters with the names, but order does matter if you don’t provide the names.

So the call above would become list({},"",0,25,0,false,false)

Curt

Ben,

You can use list(max=25,offset=0,asQuery=false) to accomplish what you are looking to do.

Also, you don’t have to pass in the parameters with the names, but order does matter if you don’t provide the names.

So the call above would become list({},"",0,25,0,false,false)

Curt