coldbox/transfer help

i am attempting to load the transfer factory but I keep getting an error

Railo 3.2.2.000 Error (security)
Message read access is protected
Detail to access the configuration without a password, you need to change the read access to [open] in the Server Administrator
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/com/sql/Datasource.cfc: line 77

75: if(Len(getUserName()))
76: {
77: return datasourceService.getDatasource(getName()).getConnection(getUserName(), getPassword());
78: }
79: else

called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/com/sql/Datasource.cfc: line 88
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/com/sql/Datasource.cfc: line 100
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/com/sql/Datasource.cfc: line 63
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/com/sql/DatasourceDAO.cfc: line 105
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/com/sql/DatasourceDAO.cfc: line 62
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/transfer/TransferFactory.cfc: line 71
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/orm/transfer/TransferLoader.cfc: line 86
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/web/context/InterceptorState.cfc: line 139
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/web/context/InterceptorState.cfc: line 86
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/web/services/InterceptorService.cfc: line 109
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 88
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 71
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 98
called from/Users/Jeremy/Documents/workspace/beta.comarket.com/Application.cfc: line 48

I am using the latest github 3.0.RC2 on Mac/Railo 3.2.2

Any ideas why I am getting this error?

Here is my coldbox config

//Datasources

datasources = {

ds = {name=“ds”,dbtype=‘mysql’,username=‘user’,password=‘pass’}

};

This happens when I startup the framework.

Jeremy R. DeYoung
Phone: 615.261.8201

FacebookLinkedInGoogle ReaderTwitterAmazonGoogle
RantsFromAMadMan.com

Looks like maybe you don’t have a password set correctly? It seems to be complaining that you’re trying to access the db without a password and that it’s protected so you can’t do that.

Best Wishes,
Peter

well i agree but my password is correct and when I use the datasource setting directly without transfer it works perfectly.

Jeremy R. DeYoung

RantsFromAMadMan.com

or perhaps you’re passing in an erroneous password from CB that’s overriding the one already set in your datasource within Railo? Can you configure it so that CB is NOT passing in a username and password and just let Railo use what it already has?

It’s a setting in your railo server.

So I tried that as well

by using :

datasources = {

comarket = {name=“comarket”}

};

in my coldbox.cfc file.

Same exact error, error line number jumps to 81.

Jeremy R. DeYoung

RantsFromAMadMan.com

Have you revisited the data source in the admin and tried the error recommendation

change the read access to [open] in the Server Administrator

? I don’t know exactly what that means, but perhaps there’s a checkbox somewhere in there that needs checked to make CB happy?

Thanks everyone! Got it working.

I’m still learning Railo.

For future reference, I’ve attached a screen shot of what I changed.

Jeremy R. DeYoung

RantsFromAMadMan.com

Screen shot 2011-03-15 at 11.35.37 AM.png

There are some known problems with Transfer and Railo. I thought that newer versions of Transfer had fixed some of these problems, so you might want to take a look and see if you are using the newest versions of Transfer and Railo. I could also be wrong and they haven’t been fixed yet.

There was a Railo blog post on your particular issue some time ago. It basically said, “change the read access to open”
http://blog.getrailo.com/post.cfm/railo-3-1-2-and-transfer

Are you using the ehCache provider? I know that at one point there were problems with Railo + Transfer using ehCache as Mark Mandel said it was using a dynamic JavaLoader to load ehCache and that wasn’t working properly. That was like a year ago though, so I’d expect it to be fixed now.

What version of Railo are you using?

Judah