[Coldbox4-BE, Commandbox-BE] core modules

Trying to get my head around organizing things with the new modularized way of doing things in CB4.

I thought I’d setup a folder outside of web root(s) called “coldbox-modules” and map to it in Application.cfc, then set it up in config as such:

modulesExternalLocation = [’/coldbox-modules’]

My question revolves around the way the core modules install via Commandbox: first another subfolder called “modules” is created and then the core module gets stored into its own subdirectory under that (e.g. “cbdebugger”). So far, so good.

However some of the core modules install inside various subfolders (e.g. colbox-storages → cbsotorages → ModuleConfig.cfc, etc.) and so the modulesExternalLocation setting does not recursively pick them up. I am not sure if this is by design or??

I can of course manually configure/copy/paste/move around all of this to get it right, but I am just trying to understand the proper conventions/best practices for all of this?

Thanks - I’m having a lot of fun playing with this!

Oh - and totally off-topic: but anyone know why I can have all of my subscribed GoogleGroups listed (e.g. coldbox, railo, etc.) but that the Commandbox group insists on being separate in the web-based version of this forum? I am signed in with same account, so??

* However some of the core modules install inside various subfolders*

That means that Luis has not updated the box.json files for those downloads
yet. I sent him an E-mail with all the modules on ForgeBox that needed
updating. I'll bug him about it again :slight_smile:

*> Commandbox group insists on being separate in the web-based version of
this forum?*

I'm not sure if I follow exactly what you're talking about, but it's
entirely possible that it's because the CommandBox forum is set up in
Google under Luis' Ortussolutions.com organization as opposed to a "normal"
Google Group. That's just a guess.

Thanks!

~Brad

*ColdBox Platform Evangelist*
*Ortus Solutions, Corp *

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Thanks Brad! For the modules, that makes sense I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t “doing it wrong”

As for the Google group, that also seems likely and is really not a big deal!