[contentbox-1.5.7] Contentbox Initial Load Timeout

I watched the contentbox video on the CBDW and got excited to finally try it out to manage a website I’ve been needing to rebuild.

I followed the initial dsncreator module screens and pointed it to my verified DSN, named *mySiteCMSDev (*not coldbox… don’t think this matters but thought I’d mention it).

`
this.datasource = “mySiteCMSDev”;

`

I have enabled the dialect for MSSQL within my ormSettings block of contentbox’s application.cfc.

`
dialect=“MicrosoftSQLServer”,

`

However, once I then try to visit my site (contentbox is installed in the root) I receive a timeout error:

`

# The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cfdirectory

The error occurred in C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/HandlerService.cfc: line 472
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 294
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 256
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 86
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 71
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/Application.cfc: line 91
|

<br>470 :<br>471 : <!--- List Handlers ---><br>__472 : <cfdirectory action="list" recurse="true" name="files" directory="#arguments.directory#" filter="*.cfc"/>__<br>473 :<br>474 : <cfscript><br>

|

`

I checked the heap size and reduced a lot of what was running on my computer, but still fails to load. I even upped the default timeout in the CF9 Admin to 120 seconds to see if that gave it enough time to complete initialization.

I can see it created quite a few tables inside my database. (not sure if its all of them, but I assume so).

It seems to get hung up on either the spot above or at the point shown below:

`

# The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFLOOP

The error occurred in C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/core/util/Util.cfc: line 346
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/core/util/Util.cfc: line 312
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/core/util/Util.cfc: line 312
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc: line 437
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/plugins/BeanFactory.cfc: line 255
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 307
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 256
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 86
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 71
Called from C:/inetpub/wwwroot/dev.mysite/Application.cfc: line 91
|

<br>344 : </cfloop><br>345 : <cfelseif NOT listFindNoCase("extends,implements", loc.key)><br>**346 : <cfset loc.parent[loc.key] = md[loc.key]>**<br>347 : </cfif><br>348 : </cfloop><br>

|

`

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Environment:
CF 9.01
MSSQL
IIS 7.5

Thanks!
Tim

Tim is this 9.00 or 9.01 or 9.02?

Make sure that it is 9.01 or above. Also that the JDK is higher than what cf shipped. That JDK had issues that gave timeout problems.

Tim, just refresh the page.

This is a known limitation with ColdBox and the length of time it takes to start up. is more than the settings for the request timeout in the Administrator. The best thing you can do in development and production is to double the request time out.

Luis, if you are reading this I have been meaning to raise an E/R here. As the best option would be when starting up for ColdBox to set the request time out on the fly to some value that will satisfy the application start up. Not sure if this is a per request basis, I recall Ben Nadel posting about how to do it sometime ago.

Thanks Luis! It’s 9.01 pretty sure…I think the JDK is 1.6 so ill look at 1.7… But I’ll have to see if that’s an option on my vps so I know if this will load in prod. Ill give it a try in both locations to see if there is a different result.

Thanks for everything. Just getting going with coldbox and it is awesome so far!

Cheers!
-tim

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your help! I was able to apply the ColdFusion 9.0.1 Cumulative hot fix 4 and pointed the jvm.config java.home value to the 1.7 jdk’s jre and it loaded right up.

Resources I found helpful/used in the process for anyone else coming across this thread.

Thanks again for all things -BOX,

-tim