Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface coldspring.beans.DefaultXmlBeanFactory

I am following Jason Dean’s series of posts from a couple years ago and have run into a bit of a problem configuring IOC. Since he was likely writing for a 2.x version of Coldbox and I am running 3.0M5 (on CF9), I have had to make some educated guesses. He stated to change the coldbox.xml.cfc settings as follows from:

To:

This set of lines does not appear in my config. Rather, I found some other code that I have configured thusly:

config/coldspring.xml.cfm

Notice that I have the ParentFactory commented out. When I reinitialize the app, I get the error Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface coldspring.beans.DefaultXmlBeanFactory. I have researched the docs and googled and have not been able to find anything that clarifies this for me.

NOTE: his example, at least at this point, does not use autowiring, but I do not believe that is of any consequence at this point.

Bill

Maybe ive missed something, but maybe you should check ur mapping to coldspring in the cfadmin

Coldbox is right to look for this cfc, it should exist:

coldspring.beans.DefaultXmlBeanFactory

Well, likely it is something I’ve missed. L I did not see anything in Jason’s blog about setting a mapping to coldspring in CF. I will go back to the documents (wiki), but I do not recall anything there, either. I do not have a mapping (coldbox is deployed under the CF webroot locally), nor do I know how to set this mapping.

Nowhere did I see this, but I came to the conclusion that I needed to install ColdSpring, which I did. Now, when I re-init the framework, I no longer get the error. Good!

Question: Are there other things I should be installing or may need to install?