couple questions regarding ContentBox

I have a couple questions regarding Content box. I am considering running ContentBox on the same site as Cartweaver. Cartweaver uses application.cfm and application.cfc in different places.

First question: Can I run these two applications without conflict?

Second: I am going to purchase a theme from ThemeForest.com. Most likely a responsive theme. How hard is it to get a theme like this to work with ContentBox…I want to keep the responsiveness on the blog side for sure…

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road

Parkton, MD 21120

(410) 215-7356

www.availdata.com

I have a couple questions regarding Content box. I am considering running ContentBox on the same site as Cartweaver. Cartweaver uses application.cfm and application.cfc in different places.

First question: Can I run these two applications without conflict?

Second: I am going to purchase a theme from ThemeForest.com. Most likely a responsive theme. How hard is it to get a theme like this to work with ContentBox…I want to keep the responsiveness on the blog side for sure…

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road

Parkton, MD 21120

(410) 215-7356

www.availdata.com

Regarding the theming…I haven’t had too many issues theming ContentBox sites from ThemeForest purchased templates (or others). This does depend upon your skill level as Brad mentioned. I presented on “Theming ContentBox Websites” (http://www.coldbox.org/cbdw/sessions/19) last week for ColdBox Developer Week (CBDW.2) and you may find something of value in that video. The talk does outline a couple hurdles that we had to overcome when theming sites.

SETH
Computer Know How
http://www.compknowhow.com

After understanding the files in the folders layouts, templates and view of a theme, it’s quite easy to create your own theme. It is also important to understand some basics of ColdBox. Depending on the complexity of your theme, you need to replace some functions from CBHelper with your own code.

The beauty of ContentBox is the freedom and flexibility.