existing flex app integration

Guys,

I’ve been all over the docs and examples but I’m still having an issue. I’m working on a site that’s a re-design and we are moving from ModelGlue to Coldbox. The existing site had a very large flex application that I am trying to integrate. The issue is remoting. /flex2gateway is being handled by the framework instead of the default gateway implementation.

The docs and examples all talk about using flex to interact with ColdBox via a Proxy service. I’m not interested in that at all. I’ve also read that the COLDBOX_APP_MAPPING needs to be updated in the Application.cfc but I have everything running out of the webroot. I suppose I could create a mapping like COLDBOX_APP_MAPPING = “myApp” and then a coldfusion mapping back to the webroot but I’d like to avoid that if possible.

Is there any other way to get this thing working. I should mention that we have some custom URL handling (IIS7). Here’s the rules section of my server:

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Jake

Hi Jake,

Personally I don’t like using the ColdBox proxy either, as normal routes will suffice very well. I am assuming that the xml (Can’t think of the name of the file off the top of my head) file needed in the root is added to your rewrite rules, if it is then could you provide a little more about the actual error.

This can be done by putting Flex into a debug state and run it from builder, then you should be able to see what is being returned or what is not happening in Flex Builder.