Installation error

Hi all,

I am just trying to install and have some issues.

I will investigate in detail but I just wanted to share initial status.

My system:
CF 9,0,1,274733 & Apache
MySQL 5.5.14
MacOSX 10.7.2

• Created a virtualhost on ‘/domains/blogbox/web’ as blogbox.
  • Copied ColdBox 3.1 on /coldbox directory.
  • Copied BlogBox files on root ‘/’.
  • Created a MySQL DSN with and empty blogbox DB.
  • Updated Application.cfc for ‘dropcreate’.
  • Current ORM mappings is as is

// ORM Settings
this.ormEnabled = true;
//this.mappings["/"] = COLDBOX_APP_ROOT_PATH;
// FILL OUT: THE DATASOURCE OF BLOGBOX
this.datasource = “blogbox”;
// FILL OUT: THE LOCATION OF THE BLOG BOX MODULE
this.mappings["/blogbox"] = COLDBOX_APP_ROOT_PATH & “modules/blogbox”;

And I have following error.

As I said I will try to play with it now.

Just FYI.

Oğuz Demirkapı

Just updated as

cfclocation=[“modules/blogbox/model”],

and now it has the following error:

I used Navicat to run the MySQL script manually.

blogbox_2011-07-30.sql
blogbox_data.sql

and changed back ‘dropcreate’ as ‘update’ and I have the welcome screen.

FYI.

Oğuz, thanks for sharing.

George Murphy

I think that you needed to execute via the URL and ormreload

?ormreload

As suggested on ORM list;

I updated ORM settings as

dialect = “org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect”

and re installed all and looks better now.

This looks like this is only happening MySQL 5.5 and up.

/OD

@demirkapi

I had an error as well. I simply removed the dialect declaration and allowed Hibernate to figure things out.

that was actually one of the first things I noticed when I was just browsing the code. I would remove the Dialect from the original source code and let Hibernate auto detect it. If someone really needs it they should know they need to set it. Maybe even take an approach like a config file, comment it out to begin with.

just a thought…

Trying to do my first ContentBox install and I’m getting…

Error in executing the DDL.

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Resources:

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer
Date/Time 16-Jun-12 04:38 AM

Stack Trace

<br>org.hibernate.JDBCException: Error during DDL export<br> at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:209)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.exportSchema(HibernateConfiguration.java:386)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.exportSchema(HibernateConfiguration.java:344)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.initHibernateConfiguration(HibernateConfiguration.java:187)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.<init>(HibernateConfiguration.java:152)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.ConfigurationManager.initConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:67)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.InitializeORMForApplication(HibernateProvider.java:176)<br> at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.beforeApplicationStart(HibernateProvider.java:79)<br> at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.fireBeforeAppStartEvent(ApplicationFilter.java:504)<br> at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:239)<br> at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)<br> at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)<br> at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:94)<br> at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)<br> at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)<br> at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)<br> at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)<br> at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)<br> at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)<br> at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)<br> at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)<br> at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)<br> at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)<br> at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)<br> at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)<br> at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)<br> at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)<br> at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)<br> at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)<br> at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)<br> at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)<br> at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)<br> at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)<br> at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)<br> at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)<br> at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)<br>Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes<br> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)<br> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)<br> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)<br> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:381)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1051)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3563)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3495)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1959)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2113)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2687)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1647)<br> at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1566)<br> at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunStatement.executeUpdate(JRunStatement.java:182)<br> at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:204)<br> ... 35 more<br>

I’m running MySQL 5.1.58 as this is the last 5.1 point release and ColdFusion tech spec says 5.1 is supported

Should I consider going up to 5.5 although it’s not on the supported list? Will that help me with this issue?

Richard

Okay, so responding to my own question…

I’ve upgraded my local MySQL from 5.1.58 ro 5.5.25 and all is good!

Now, I hope ColdFusion isn’t going to complain about the unsupported version of MySQL!

Yea don’t think so. Which column caused this out of curiosity

No sure, that’s the only error message I got. I tried to reverse engineer the installer but it was beyond my pay grade :slight_smile:

I copied the contentbox database created by my new local 5.5.25 install over to my 5.1.58 production box and copied the ContentBox code over and all seem fine once you’ve got passed the issue with the installer and 5.1.58

Ciao for now,

Richard