Issue upgrading from 1.5.3 to 1.5.6

Good Morning,

Attempted to upgrade a local version of ContentBox from version 1.5.3 to 1.5.6 (auto update) using CF10 and MySQL 5.1.48. Getting Error in executing the DDL.
Can’t create table ‘envvy.#sql-d04_5’ (errno: 150). Here is the stack trace:

Error in executing the DDL.
Can’t create table ‘envvy.#sql-d04_5’ (errno: 150)

ColdFusion cannot determine the line of the template that caused this error. This is often caused by an error in the exception handling subsystem.
Resources:

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer
Date/Time 19-Sep-13 04:26 AM
Stack Trace
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Can’t create table ‘envvy.#sql-d04_5’ (errno: 150) Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Can’t create table ‘envvy.#sql-d04_5’ (errno: 150)

org.hibernate.JDBCException: Error during DDL export
at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:209)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.exportSchema(HibernateConfiguration.java:455)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.exportSchema(HibernateConfiguration.java:413)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.initHibernateConfiguration(HibernateConfiguration.java:226)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.(HibernateConfiguration.java:183)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.ConfigurationManager.initConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:67)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.InitializeORMForApplication(HibernateProvider.java:184)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.onPageRequestStart(HibernateProvider.java:147)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.firePageRequestStart(ApplicationFilter.java:605)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:413)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:112)
at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:30)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:79)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Can’t create table ‘envvy.#sql-d04_5’ (errno: 150)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1062)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4187)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4119)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2570)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2731)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2793)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1795)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1709)
at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunStatement.executeUpdate(JRunStatement.java:193)
at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:204)
… 43 more

Thanks,

Steve

Hmm, that’s not a table that we have steve, not sure about that one.

Okay, I now have more info on the error.

The issue is with “Create a datasource in your ColdFusion administrator called ‘contentbox’” and the first screen of the installer where it asks you if you have a datasource already setup and to name it.

Locally, I have multiple ContentBox sites that have their own unique databases and datasources setup in the CF Admin. When I applied the update to each one, I get the same DDL error. When I create a new site from scratch, and set the datasource to “contentbox”, then all works great.

The problem is that setting the datasource in CF Admin as “contentbox”, only allows one site to be created.

I was able to create multiple sites before with different datasources, but not with version 1.5.6. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Did you get this resolved Steve? I don’t think we have any restrictions on data source names. “Contentbox” is just a suggestion. I’m a little confused though-- it sounds like you’re referring to the ContentBox installer screens, but I thought the issue was related to updating a ContentBox installation.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Hi Brad,

Not resolved yet. The error occurs when upgrading any of my CB sites and corrupts the database (MySQL).

• Steve

Then what was this bit about as it seems unrelated to auto-update:

I was able to create multiple sites before with different datasources, but not with version 1.5.6

• Does your database user have CREATE access to the database?
  • What’s your dbcreate set to?
    Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com