Java Deadlocks with Coldbox 4.2

We have just recently upgraded a Coldbox 3.8 application to CB 4.2. Everything is mostly working fine; however, there is an issue which is causing the server to crash consistently. We’ve not yet been able to put a finger on the exact issue; however, monitoring with the Java Mission Control (5.5) shows java deadlocks occurring. This was NOT happening with 3.8. We did have some code that was using threads, but that was refactored to be single-threaded, in order to eliminate that as an issue.

Attached is a stacktrace from the Mission Control application. It appears the problem is happening within the Coldbox framework (i.e. funcONREQUESTSTART -> funcRELOADCHECKS -> funcGETSETTING -> funcSETTINGEXISTS)

Has anyone else ran into this issue? We are (literally) getting hundreds of ajp threads blocked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin S. Anderson

API-Block.txt (5.06 KB)

We have just recently upgraded a Coldbox 3.8 application to CB 4.2. Everything is mostly working fine; however, there is an issue which is causing the server to crash consistently. We’ve not yet been able to put a finger on the exact issue; however, monitoring with the Java Mission Control (5.5) shows java deadlocks occurring. This was NOT happening with 3.8. We did have some code that was using threads, but that was refactored to be single-threaded, in order to eliminate that as an issue.

Attached is a stacktrace from the Mission Control application. It appears the problem is happening within the Coldbox framework (i.e. funcONREQUESTSTART → funcRELOADCHECKS → funcGETSETTING → funcSETTINGEXISTS)

Has anyone else ran into this issue? We are (literally) getting hundreds of ajp threads blocked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin S. Anderson

Hi, Brad:

Server is running OS Windows 2008 with SQL Server 2008 R2 and Adobe ColdFusion 11 (Update 9).

Attached is a thread trace. It appears the problem is in /coldbox/system/web/Controller.cfc, but I’m not sure why that would be.

Block-in-Controller.txt (6.7 KB)

Hi, Brad:

Server is running OS Windows 2008 with SQL Server 2008 R2 and Adobe ColdFusion 11 (Update 9).

Attached is a thread trace. It appears the problem is in /coldbox/system/web/Controller.cfc, but I’m not sure why that would be.

It’s Kevin. :wink:

Dang, I did it twice. Sorry Kevin! Dunno how I got Ken stuck in my head :slight_smile:

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com