Layouts in ContentBox are impressive!

So I just wanted to write a little blub about how amazing my experience has been with Layouts in ContentBox.

I’ll admit, the lack of documentation was frustrating at first, however it really made me dig in and understand how ContentBox works and once I figure out the pattern it has become rather easy.

Thus far, I’ve been able to take a theme from themeforest.com, and fit it into a ContentBox layout. I choose Hakari, because the layout suited the site I’m building. The theme cost me $16 and has everything you need to get up and running quickly.

IMPORTANT: you must purchase an HTML template, not a WordPress template (made that mistake already).

While, I’m not finished, I wanted to give you a sneak peak at how it’s looking!

I’m amazed at how easy it is to put the pages together! Good Job Luis & Team! If you’re interested, I’d like to do a video series on just how I was

able to purchase a template from ThemeForest.com and easily implement that template as a Layout in ContentBox. This will obviously be after I complete the site.

Thanks,

Marco G. Williams

Information Technology Manager

Global Electronic Technology

949.380.0345 x209

Please, the more the better. I have been trying to do the same, just haven’t had the time to sit down and do it.

Yes, they are impressive and very powerful.

Great looking site!

Thanks J

Andy, I will do it for sure. Maybe I can squeeze one or two in as I progress.

Marco G. Williams

949.380.0345 x209

Hi Marco–

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are constantly working on improving the power and usability of layouts in ContentBox, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve had success so far :slight_smile:

I think it would be very cool if you did a series on your experience. Maybe we can even twist your arm to do a ContentBox Connection on it :).

The whole aspect of converting themes from other CMS/Blogging platforms is something that we’ve talked about doing internally, and is something I’ve experimented with personally. It would be awesome to see something from the community, though, so if you need additional encouragement to pursue that idea, consider it given :slight_smile:

We will be putting out the ContentBox 2.0 Roadmap imminently, and it has a few goodies on it related to layouts (which we’ll be calling “themes” from now on). In the meantime, however, please continue to make suggestions for improvements.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with everyone!

Yeah, once I get a bit more comfortable and I am at 100%, I’d be happy to do a ContentBox Connection.

Marco G. Williams

949.380.0345 x209

Yeah, once I get a bit more comfortable and I am at 100%, I’d be happy to do a ContentBox Connection.

Marco G. Williams

949.380.0345 x209