Nightly build

A couple notes about the nightly build I downloaded from coldbox.org last night. I know it’s a nightly, but I figured I’d mention it just so you knew. I tried to figure out the github repo, but I got too fed up with the quirky git clients that I couldn’t get working. I’d love some help with a good git client.

1. The SES interceptor was throwing errors about invalid extensions. Most of my SES URLs end with random values like ehUser/view/userID/12345 and “12345” isn’t meant to be an extension, let alone a valid one. I fixed by adding <cfset setExtensionDetection( false )> to my routes.cfm file. Is extension detection going to always default to “true”?

2. The cookie storage plugin was updated to always JSON everything as opposed to simply storing simple values and wddxing everything else. I have no problem with that change, but it freaked out with my existing cookie values since they weren’t JSON. I don’t see how I could cut over to such a change in production without clearing all my users’ cookies. I think the get() method in the cookie plugin might need to do some isWDDX and isJSON checks and not assume everything it is pulling out is JSON for the next release.
    Thanks!

~Brad

A couple notes about the nightly build I downloaded from coldbox.org last night. I know it’s a nightly, but I figured I’d mention it just so you knew. I tried to figure out the github repo, but I got too fed up with the quirky git clients that I couldn’t get working. I’d love some help with a good git client.

Brad are you on windows or Mac? Anyways, I use SmartGIT, by far the best git client I have used and it keeps getting better and better, available for both windows and mac.

1. The SES interceptor was throwing errors about invalid extensions. Most of my SES URLs end with random values like ehUser/view/userID/12345 and “12345” isn’t meant to be an extension, let alone a valid one. I fixed by adding <cfset setExtensionDetection( false )> to my routes.cfm file. Is extension detection going to always default to “true”?

It is by default turned on, but it should not give errors like that, maybe we need to test it more. But all my apps work ok using the latest from github, so this might be something else.

1. The cookie storage plugin was updated to always JSON everything as opposed to simply storing simple values and wddxing everything else. I have no problem with that change, but it freaked out with my existing cookie values since they weren’t JSON. I don’t see how I could cut over to such a change in production without clearing all my users’ cookies. I think the get() method in the cookie plugin might need to do some isWDDX and isJSON checks and not assume everything it is pulling out is JSON for the next release.

Well, should we have some compatibility code in it where if it is wddx then it should clear it out? So it starts fresh again?

For Mac, Tower is also a nice GIT client - http://www.git-tower.com/

Nolan

If your on Windows I use TortoiseGit. I used TortoiseSVN before so it was an easy switch for me.

http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/

Curt Gratz
Computer Know How

That sounds promising.

Is it an explorer extension like TortoiseSVN? Does it also require the Git binary to be installed.

SmartGit (can't help but want to call it "Git Smart", hee hee) was kind of freaking me out with all its buttons and menus when all I wanted was to fill a single folder on my hard drive with ColdBox nightly goodness from the intertubes.

I'll take a look at TortoiseGit. :slight_smile:

~Brad