OSGi Bundle Error When Installing in Existing CF2021

I just followed the step by step instructions located Here

Ok, yep, so you overrode the DB_BUNDLEVERSION change. We’ve established that Lucee is having trouble loading the mssqljdbc4 bundle with that specific version, so you’re going to have to remove the DB_BUNDLEVERSION env var again and stop running the contentbox install command. At this point, ContentBox is installed, the main issue is the lack of DB setup. Which is an issue with your datasource connection setup, as mentioned above.

Ok, thank you.

Just so I’m clear “… the main issue is the lack of DB setup. Which is an issue with your datasource connection setup, as mentioned above.”

1. Am I to understand that there is something on my end that I need to fix or should I be waiting for a fix to roll out regarding Lucee’s problem with loading the mssqljdbc4 bundle?

2. Once I remove the DB_BUNDLEVERSION from the env file, is there a command I can run to bring up the contentBox admin? Or, what should I do henceforth?

Thank you for helping!

It’s very, very, very difficult to determine what’s going on with Lucee’s bundle loading. I would suspect a bug on Lucee’s end, but it’s very difficult to tell from this end of the keyboard.

The only thing you can do to work around this is to remove the DB_BUNDLEVERSION from your environment variable setup.

Once you do that, you need to run the two migration commands, as mentioned above. They’re currently failing to connect to the database, so you need to fix your datasource settings until you get a working connection. I would once again check your host and port values, but also look at your connectionString or url properties if you have those set. At this stage in the game, your issue is entirely a configuration issue and nothing related to ContentBox.

One thing I notice is that when I open box.exe, it initially throws all the errors below before displaying the command prompt.

Is this useful? This happens before I execute any commands; I just click the exe file once.

java.lang.Exception: Error loading bundle info for [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11-javadoc.jar]
at lucee.loader.osgi.BundleLoader.loadAvailableBundles(BundleLoader.java:173)
at lucee.loader.osgi.BundleLoader.loadBundles(BundleLoader.java:106)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineFactory.initEngine(CFMLEngineFactory.java:395)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineFactory.initEngineIfNecessary(CFMLEngineFactory.java:262)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineFactory.getInstance(CFMLEngineFactory.java:168)
at lucee.runtime.script.BaseScriptEngineFactory.(BaseScriptEngineFactory.java:67)
at lucee.runtime.script.LuceeScriptEngineFactory.(LuceeScriptEngineFactory.java:27)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ServiceLoader$ProviderImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ServiceLoader$ProviderImpl.get(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ServiceLoader$3.next(Unknown Source)
at java.scripting/javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.initEngines(Unknown Source)
at java.scripting/javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.init(Unknown Source)
at java.scripting/javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.(Unknown Source)
at cliloader.LoaderCLIMain.execute(LoaderCLIMain.java:317)
at cliloader.LoaderCLIMain.execute(LoaderCLIMain.java:158)
at cliloader.LoaderCLIMain.main(LoaderCLIMain.java:595)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: OSGi bundle [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11-javadoc.jar] is invalid, {Lucee-Core}META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not contain a “Bundle-SymbolicName” at lucee.loader.osgi.BundleLoader.loadBundleInfo(BundleLoader.java:186)
at lucee.loader.osgi.BundleLoader.loadAvailableBundles(BundleLoader.java:170)
… 19 more
java.lang.Exception: Error loading bundle info for [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11-sources.jar]
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineFactory.initEngineIfNecessary(CFMLEngineFactory.java:262)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineFactory.getInstance(CFMLEngineFactory.java:168)
at lucee.runtime.script.BaseScriptEngineFactory.(BaseScriptEngineFactory.java:67)
at lucee.runtime.script.LuceeScriptEngineFactory.(LuceeScriptEngineFactory.java:27)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: OSGi bundle [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11-sources.jar] is invalid, {Lucee-Core}META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not contain a “Bundle-SymbolicName”
at lucee.loader.osgi.BundleLoader.loadBundleInfo(BundleLoader.java:186)
… 19 more
java.lang.Exception: Error loading bundle info for [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre8-javadoc.jar]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: OSGi bundle [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre8-javadoc.jar] is invalid, {Lucee-Core}META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not contain a “Bundle-SymbolicName”
… 19 more
java.lang.Exception: Error loading bundle info for [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre8-sources.jar]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: OSGi bundle [C:\Users\Michael Letson.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\bundles\mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre8-sources.jar] is invalid, {Lucee-Core}META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not contain a “Bundle-SymbolicName”
… 19 more

Lol, yes that’s totally relevant. This is why Lucee is failing to load that bundle - because the bundle itself is missing a required Bundle-SymbolicName property from it’s Manifest.MF file. Do you happen to know where that bundle came from?

What happens if you delete that file from your disk? Lucee should re-download the jar, and perhaps that new jar would not be malformed… ? Guessing here.

I removed the lines outlined in red, ran run-script contentbox:migrate and it created a table in the database, then promptly threw the below error.

So, I now know that it’s connecting to the database.

I deleted the table, re-ran with same results.

I gave up on MSSQL.

I tried it with MySQL and it worked perfectly without a hitch. However, bringing up my site produces the following:

I’m not sure what it means or how to rectify.

Did you try Googling the error? That is due to your JVM version being too old for the cbmarkdown dependency. You need to be on java 11 or newer to use cbmarkdown, which it seems ContentBox depends on.

This is clearly mentioned on the System Requirements page in the ContentBox documentation: