Preferences Bug: Can anyone verify this?

So as I was extending the preferences screen I found the need to edit a user that was not my profile ( meaning, not the account I was logged in as ). So I navigated to the users / manage. I clicked the gear and edit another user in the system. This puts me to a url like:

This happens to get me to the Editing for that particular user. All seems right, however when I click over to the preferences tab, I noticed that the preferences that I saved under my own profile are showing up in edited users profile ( user 32 ).

I’m not sure why this is happening on the preferences screen when editing other users. Can anyone verify that this is in fact a bug and is happening to others?

This bug only seems to be effecting the preferences screen. Other tabs and other attributes seem to be working fine.


Marco G. Williams

Information Technology Manager

Global Electronic Technology

949.380.0345 x209

It sounds like one.

Can you describe what it is your doing to notice this, I changed the user preference for ckEditor and it works as expected.

It’s ok I see it now, when I load the user preferences back up, the settings where changed.

Yep found the issue.

In the contentbox-admin module under views you will find listPreferences.cfm and you will see code like this.

However I have changed the code to correctly use the right author object, there maybe more places this is needed.

#html.startFieldset(legend=“User Preferences”)#
#html.hiddenField(name=“authorID”,“preference.editor”, label=“Favorite Editor”, options=prc.editors, class=“width98”,“editor”, “”),wrapper=“div class=controls”,labelClass=“control-label”,groupWrapper=“div class=control-group”)#“preference.markup”, label=“Favorite Markup”, options=prc.markups, class=“width98”,“markup”, “”),wrapper=“div class=controls”,labelClass=“control-label”,groupWrapper=“div class=control-group”)#

#html.textfield(name=“preference.twitter”, label=“Twitter Profile”, class=“textfield width98”, value=**“twitter”, “”),**wrapper=“div class=controls”,labelClass=“control-label”,groupWrapper=“div class=control-group”)#
#html.textfield(name=“preference.facebook”, label=“Facebook Profile”, class=“textfield width98”, value=**“facebook”, “”),**wrapper=“div class=controls”,labelClass=“control-label”,groupWrapper=“div class=control-group”)#
#html.textfield(name=“”, label=“Google+ Profile”, class=“textfield width98”,“google”, “”),wrapper=“div class=controls”,labelClass=“control-label”,groupWrapper=“div class=control-group”)#“preference.sidebarState”, label=“Show Sidebar”, options=“yes,no”, class=“width98”, selectedValue=**“sidebarState”, “no”),**wrapper=“div class=controls”,labelClass=“control-label”,groupWrapper=“div class=control-group”)#


<cfif prc.oAuthor.checkPermission(“AUTHOR_ADMIN”) OR EQ prc.oAuthor.getAuthorID()>

#html.endFieldSet()# #html.endForm()#

Thanks for the report. I’ve added an issue for this, if you want to track it:

Yeah, that is what I noticed also when I was digging through it. So the prc.oAuthor should be changed to

Marco G. Williams

Information Technology Manager

Global Electronic Technology

949.380.0345 x209