RE: [coldbox:13068] login and popup window?

Is this popup like an EULA that the user needs to accept the first time they log into the system?

We do that, but it’s not part of our authentication handler. I have a flag in my session-persisted user object that states whether or not the logged in user has accepted the EULA. (Defaults to false for a new user) In my main layout of the site I check (every page load) <cfif not user.hasAcceptedEULA()> and include some JavaScript there that opens a modal div “window” with block UI. The user will get that on every page of the site (keeping them from clicking anywhere) until they hit the accept button. Then I save their answer and close the window. (If they click “decline”, I log them back out with a “we’re sorry” message)

If you don’t need the window to be that “annoying” and it’s more like a one-time thing that’s not required, just redirect them in your handler to second event that runs a view that has your “popup” in it. Or, set a one-time variable in the rc that says “showPopup” or whatever and check for that variable in your layout, or whatever page they are redirected to after login.

Thanks!

~Brad

Thanks for the reply.

YES, this is a popup like an EULA that the user needs to accept the
first time they log into the system. It is definitely required so
when they accept it, I will set a flag in the db indicating that
they've accepted the EULA.

So you've basically just implemented the popup in your Layout file
which is used across all your pages?