CFMBB. So, I am trying to figure out the best way to share the header

I have content in my header that is driven by session scoped data like
'My Account', 'you are logged in as...’ etc. Without spending the
time to being CFMBB into ColdBox, I would like to have that session
info available to me. I could put everything in an iframe, but I'd
rather not. Do you guys know if there is a good way to share session
data between 2 apps? Or can someone speak to a best practice for a
situation like this?

I hacked something similar together as I was rewriting part of a legacy app in ColdBox by giving the legacy application the same name as the ColdBox app. (hash of application.cfc path)

I wouldn't necessarily recommend that if they truly are two separate apps, though. You have a number of persistent locations you can store such information.. cookie scope, server scope, database.
One time I even used the remote proxy in ColdBox and hit it with a CFHTTP from the same box to call a ColdBox login service from a portion of the app that was still legacy code. Once again, a little hacky but it worked for the time when I needed it.

~Brad

Thanks for the ideas Brad! This turned out to be far less of a hack or a kludge than I thought it was going to be. Thank God for CFOOP!

I lucked up on 2 things. One, there is a clear separation of view and model in CFMBB (controller code is at the top of the views.) And two, CFMBB uses it’s own cookie/database session tracking method and not CF session scope. On every page load application.cfm checks for the session cookie and compares it to active sessions in the database.

All I had to do was build a CFMBB Interface into my model that instantiates the components I need from the CFMBB CFCs. So, when my model creates or updates a user, it calls its methodological counterpart in the ‘ForumInterface’. The same goes for logging in and logging out…I create the session and session cookie for CFMBB from my interface. Then, I just removed all of the ‘sign up’, ‘log in’, ‘log out’, links from the CFMBB view code, threw my header and footer on there, and voila