Support for old ULR Routing

Hi,

We have an old (CB 4) code base that uses old style URLs (?event=this.that&m1=val), but according to CB Documentation this is not supported anymore Routing - ColdBox HMVC Documentation. Is it possible to support the old style with CB5?

-Antti

That will never be removed, it is part of the core. So not sure where you read that it is not supported anymore. Please send me the link.

But that type of URLs are always supported.

Luis, thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the confusion. I double-checked, and the documentation was not claiming that they are not supported (Routing - ColdBox HMVC Documentation). I guess I just missed some configuration settings, as the old app started generating new SES style URL’s instead of the old ones, and I misunderstood that the old style is not supported anymore.
-Antti

OK, I so figured out that the issue was combination of couple of different issues. I solved the others ones, but I sill have issue with redirect() automatically generating SES type urls, as previously it was generating them in the old format (?event=this.that&m1=val). I must have missed something on the documentation / some configuration setting, but is there a way to make the relocate() method to create the event links in the old format?

-Antti

To answer my own question, and in case someone is trying to do something similar, I ended up disabling the Router in Router.cfc with setEnabled( false ). The confusion here was that I was trying to find SES specific configuration setting. Or, in case someone knows such a setting, please let me know :slight_smile:
-Antti