Tutorial blog

Hi Guys,

I am new to ColdBox and I just wanted to let you know that I am recording my study progress in a blog for future reference and to contribute to the community.
I would be honored if any one of you would keep an eye on the blog to make some useful comments both to help people who read the blog as well as helping myself getting through the vast amount of information that is available on the wiki.

The link to the blog is: http://coldbox31studies.blogspot.com/2011/07/where-to-start.html
Don’t expect too much yet, I just finished writing the introduction :slight_smile:

But I need to educate my colleagues as I am learning, so the blog will advance rapidly.

Welcome, and hope to read some more.

2 things ColdFusion is as I have just type it, and not Cold Fusion or Coldfusion. But overall a good read.

Excellent idea. I know that for beginners, answers to questions sound something like, “That’s simple. You just intercept the decorator and inject the view inside of your polymorphic singleton.” :slight_smile: The idea of starting from day 0 and watching as the pieces of knowledge drop into place will be beneficial to all. Heck, probably even for the experts, to remember what it’s like to view things through those eyes.

Billy Cravens

A lot of people have the same issues and started new blogs trying to make ColdBox easy for some to understand. I too am at a company who is leaving FuseBox 5 and moving to ColdBox so maybe we can learn from each other. I go along just fine and then run into a problem that makes me feel like a newbie again.

It also wouldn’t hurt to ask the questions in here either, if you do need more help or a better understanding then I am sure there is enough in here to help more.

In other words don’t feel intimidated, we are here to help the best we can.

Thanks for the comments guys.

And Andrew, you bet I will ask my questions here on the google group.

There’s three posts now:
Where to start
Installing ColdBox 3.1 (in CFBuilder 1)
About MVC

And I’m about to post a screencast ‘How to create a ColdBox project in CFBuilder’ (As I said: basic stuff first).