Updating production to ContentBox 1.2 problems

Ok I have tried two scenarios both fail.

1. Tried to update from the dashboard, followed the instructions and get a message saying unable to download check the logs. When I check the logs there is nothing there.

2. Make the necessary changes, then manually sync the changes from development to production and get two errors one is ADMIN_SSL and the other is SITE_SSL is not defined in CBSettings.

So why is this an issue and how do I go about getting this done? I am assuming that there are new settings for ContentBox 1.2, but where are the update scripts to do this?

Luis this has been an issue with a lot of developers over the last 12 months, can we get better instructions on how to do this manually and provide SQL scripts for all database changes please.

But what concerns me is option number 1 that I tried, why did it fail and tell me to check the logs and there is nothing in the logs?

Option 3 was to apply the update via the upload option, and I get a bad zip file. Yet this is the same zip file that was used to update the development servers and again there is nothing in the logs to say what the issue is.

Ok I have tried two scenarios both fail.

1. Tried to update from the dashboard, followed the instructions and get a message saying unable to download check the logs. When I check the logs there is nothing there.

2. Make the necessary changes, then manually sync the changes from development to production and get two errors one is ADMIN_SSL and the other is SITE_SSL is not defined in CBSettings.

So why is this an issue and how do I go about getting this done? I am assuming that there are new settings for ContentBox 1.2, but where are the update scripts to do this?

Luis this has been an issue with a lot of developers over the last 12 months, can we get better instructions on how to do this manually and provide SQL scripts for all database changes please.

But what concerns me is option number 1 that I tried, why did it fail and tell me to check the logs and there is nothing in the logs?

None of the 3 options work Luis…

If I try to upload the file, it creates a file called upload not the 1-2-0.zip as expected so I am not sure if that is the issue there or not. Trying to download directly from github fails, trying to download from forgebox fails.

But yes I agree I did it on 2 servers here this morning and both installed correctly, but as it tells me to check the logs for more information, one goes to the logs to find nothing in the logs at all. When I look at the code where it is doing this download, there is no code that adds this to the logs at all. Or am I missing something here?

That’s really weird.

I can’t promise a connect session as it is Easter weekend. But I can try and help on Monday.

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Toll Free/Fax: 1-888-557-8057
Direct: 909-248-3408
www.ortussolutions.com
Twitter: @lmajano, @ortussolutions

Ok here is the problem…

Not sure why but on production the modules/contentbox/updates folder does not exist, so what happens is it fails because of that. There needs to be a check for this folder and if it is not there then it needs to create it.

I am guessing that this also is the same for entering the url to download from as I would assume it is using the same code.

As for the upload, well that creates a file called updates and not a folder called updates.

Ok I think something else has gone wrong, after the update on production I get a whole screen and a half of whitespace, it is almost like the style sheets has gotten screwed up somewhere along the way.

Doing a file compare at the moment to see where and what has happened.

No file differences, but changing the application didn’t fix it. But reloading the admin from the dashboard did fix it.

That can make people think something has gone wrong, maybe need to put this in the instructions as well.

I had to clear the cache.