What topics do you want Ortus to teach about?

What topics do you want Ortus to teach about? this could be considered for webinars, ITB, cfcasts, etc. Please let us know what topics you would like us to consider.

1 Like

I would like to have a session on ORM

2 Likes

Just for clarification’s sake, @johnbarrett , are speaking of Hibernate ORM / CBORM? Or some other ORM solution such as Quick?

1 Like

Hibernate ORM. I would like to learn the fundamentals of ORM, so I can understand it when I move to ColdBox. I have not tried any of the box solutions for ORM, I am new to ORM and would like to learn it well.

1 Like

Cool, got it. Until then, there’s a free ORM webinar on CFCasts you should check out:

[EDIT: Weird, that CFCasts link doesn’t work as pasted. try this: Ortus Webinar - ColdFusion ORM with cborm )

1 Like

Thanks so much for the link on the ORM webinar, I am watching now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course! There’s a lot of good content on CFCasts - enjoy!

1 Like

I would like to see some cfcast videos on ContentBox. Like standalone installs (building a site from start to finish), leveraging ContentBox within an existing application (companion series to the ColdBox: Zero to Hero Workshop), theme development, templating, using ContentBox as your login/security layer, etc.

Another cfcast idea, the Ortus Single Video Series could mirror the modernize or die podcast forgebox module of the week.

2 Likes

Thanks so much I really enjoy cfcasts. This talk on ORM is amazing, I love it! I will be joining the paid tier once I find a job. I have watched many of the free webinars on the platform

2 Likes

Logbox. I can just never seem to grok it all the way through. I always feel like I am fighting with how I want it to work, how I think it’s supposed to work, and how it actually does work. Especially when trying register up custom appenders, etc. in modules.

5 Likes

I would love to see some advanced usage of routes in ColdBox. Like available route settings w/ common uses, module routes, automatic route resolution (eg. /api/ → api/v1), redirection options, multiple placeholders within the url, restricted RESTful routes, and maybe a deeper exploration of how and what order ColdBox uses to find a route in cases where the wrong route is matched.

4 Likes