Box slow to launch on Mac

Things for the report guys. Can I do a screen share with one of you to get some stack traces while box is starting? Or you can do it. Write a script to get the pid of the running java process and call jstack -l PID >> mystacks.txt a few times as it’s starting.

Hi Brad,

Stacktrace emailed to you directly.

Seb

Yeah, install a linux distro on your MacBook :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides the trolling, it should be pretty easy to rule out hardware by running a live USB image of any linux distro (prolly Ubuntu/Mint for ease). You can install box into the live running OS and try starting it up. Would even be interesting to see the startup time in a VM.

Seth, is your Mac running virtualization software like VirtualBox, Parallels, etc? If so, this is a known issue when your internal networking on the machine is bridged.

If you start up CommandBox in debug mode (box --debug) and watch the debug output, you’ll see the startup pause and then continue.

If I remember correctly, issue has to do with the Lucee server that runs CommandBox not being able to determine the IP or hostname due to the fact that neither eth0 or eth1 is readily available. If you run ifconfig -a and see the bridge, that’s probably the issue.

I’d love to see it addressed, as well, as I have the same issue on my machine.

Jon

Seth, is your Mac running virtualization software like VirtualBox, Parallels, etc? If so, this is a known issue when your internal networking on the machine is bridged.

If you start up CommandBox in debug mode (box --debug) and watch the debug output, you’ll see the startup pause and then continue.

If I remember correctly, issue has to do with the Lucee server that runs CommandBox not being able to determine the IP or hostname due to the fact that neither eth0 or eth1 is readily available. If you run ifconfig -a and see the bridge, that’s probably the issue.

I’d love to see it addressed, as well, as I have the same issue on my machine.

Jon

That’s the same place it hangs with me. It does the same thing in a Linux continainer running on Docker within my machine – though not in docker running on Linux. If you run ifconfig –a do you see a bridge?

That’s the same place it hangs with me. It does the same thing in a Linux continainer running on Docker within my machine – though not in docker running on Linux. If you run ifconfig –a do you see a bridge?