BoxLang Community

Hey everyone, BoxLang looks nice and I was wondering if there was a rough roadmap for the mobile platform support. I thought I would join the Slack, however it seems that you need a special email address to join.

Is the slack more a place for BoxLang contributors and these forums for BoxLang developers?

Cheers, Boris

Hi @Boris , sorry for the delay. I missed this question.

Can you be more specific about the “mobile platform support”?

Which Slack team did you try to join? The CFML team, or the Box team? There is a public signup URL for CFML and I can invite you to the Box team. You can get support in both places, but Slack is an easier place to just have a discussion about something.

@bdw429s, thanks for the Slack Invitation!

Regarding mobile, I was under the impression BoxLang will eventually run on Android and I assumed it could maybe run embedded in an App and a WebView similar to what Tauri does in the Rust Ecosystem.

Ah yes, that is on our roadmap, but I’m not sure how far out. @lmajano may be able to address that. As it stands, you can already drop in BoxLang as a jar in any Java app including Android and use it via JSR-223. We’re still planning out our Android integrations.