Can't get queryExecute to work but schema create does

When I use migrate up using queryExecute I either get no migrations found or if I reload I get:

C:\Users\rickn.CommandBox\cfml\modules\commandbox-migrations\modules\cfmigrations\models\QBMigrationManager.cfc
CREATE TABLE ‘users’ (
‘id’ INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
‘username’ VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
‘email’ VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
‘password’ VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
‘createddate’ TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
‘modifieddate’ TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
constraint ‘pk_users_id’ PRIMARY KEY (‘id’)
)

If I use schema.create everything works fine???

The other issue is if I try to query a table using queryExecute I get this test error:

User Service (4,015 ms)

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SoapBox\coldbox-zero-to-hero-october\models\userService.cfc:18

16:17: function list(){18: return queryExecute( "select * from users", {}, { returntype = "array" } );19: }20: }

lucee.runtime.exp.DatabaseException: Communications link failure The last packet successfully received from the server was 1 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1 milliseconds ago. at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor29.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404) at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:981) at com.mysql.jdbc.ExportControlled.transformSocketToSSLSocket(ExportControlled.java:164) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.negotiateSSLConnection(MysqlIO.java:4801) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.proceedHandshakeWithPluggableAuthentication(MysqlIO.java:1643) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1215) at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2255) at co

I am really having a hard time understanding why these things don’t work?

Thank you for any help!!!

Hello,
I have been working the same tutorial with almost equal success or rather lack of success. I did find a solution to your communication link failure. I opened the Lucee administrator and edited the datasource to set the SSL and Verifiy Server Certificate settings to false. As I am also a newbie to Coldbox, I cannot explain why this works.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Today i discovered that when I go to Lucee admin the datasource had an error. If I hit edit then save, without changing anything, it worked again. I will make the changes you posted and see how that works! I am new to ColdBox and learning JavaScript at the same time! I liken it to writing War and Peace in Japanese while learning Japanese!!! LOL

Thank you again so much for replying!!!

P.S. Do you have any issues with BaseIntegrationSpec? Nothing seems to work when i test if I use it.