CF2021 Package Manager does not work with CommandBox?

So I got Adobe Coldfusion 2021 running with CommandBox, and I can access the Administration GUI, and I can access the Package Manager, however none of the packages install when I click on “Install” (or on “Install all”).

Any ideas why this doesn’t work?

I managed to fix this myself, like this:

sudo box
start
cfpm install all

Hope this helps others.

Where exactly are you “clicking”? I’ve only ever used the cfpm cli

In the CF 2021 Administrator GUI there is a Package Manager section where you get to see all the installed packages and are able to install new ones. However when running CF2021 under CommandBox the buttons that you click on to install packages does not do anything. However I did find the workaround which I updated on my reply above.

Ahh, you mean this page?

I’ll be real honest, I’ve never even used that page before! However, I can report I just tried it and it seems to work just fine. I was able to install several packages one at a time, and then I clicked “install all” and everything but Ajax installed. I was then able to install Ajax by clicking install on it so I’m not sure why it didn’t go through the first time.

I tailed the server log with

server log --follow

and it had log messages showing each package as it installed.

[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:09 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package derby started...
[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:10 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package db2 started...
[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:12 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package com started...
[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:12 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package chart started...
[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:13 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package cfmongodb started...
[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:17 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package azureservicebus started...
[INFO ] Jun 22, 2022 14:11:19 PM Information [Thread-63] - Package azureblob started...

etc...

So I’m not sure why it didn’t work for you, but if you can reproduce it, please provide details here. Otherwise, I’d log a bug with Adobe and ask them why it doesn’t work :rofl:

Did you check the server log for error and did you check the Browser’s console log for JavaScript errors?

Yes, I saw that. But I wanted to solve the other issue as well. Just because you found a workaround doesn’t mean all is well if I’m going to have other users run into the same issue :slight_smile:

According to Chome’s javascript console the error is the following:

jquery.js:2 Refused to connect to ‘http://foo1/CFIDE/administrator/updates/download.cfc?method=isSessionValid’ because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: “default-src ‘self’”. Note that ‘connect-src’ was not explicitly set, so ‘default-src’ is used as a fallback.

@eliax Please report this error to Adobe. I would assume it’s an issue with their admin JavaScript code blocking the Ajax calls.