CFX tag was not found in the custom tag database

I registered a CFX Java Tag in Admin > Extensions > CFX Tags

The class file is located within a directory that Coldfusion has read rights to. It was working this way when I was just running Coldfusion 2016 and apache on my Macbook Pro. But now, with CommandBox running CF 2016, it doesn’t work.

In my server.json, file I defined the “jvm” property, but not sure if done correctly.

"jvm":{
        "args":"-Dcoldfusion.classPath=/Library/WebServer/servers/i4a/classes_8/ -classpath /Library/WebServer/servers/i4a/classes_8/"
    }

Any help is appreciated!

Hmm, I really have no clue at all how cfx tags are loaded. That’s a question the CF engineers would need to answer for you. It’s entirely likely the system props or classpaths may be set up differently on CommandBox, but I wouldn’t know what to change without first understanding how it works!

I wouldn’t expect this to do anything. Firstly, the coldfusion.classpath system property is much longer and has stuff like

/lib/updates,/lib/,/lib/axis2,gateway/lib/,/../cfform/jars,/../flex/jars,/lib/oosdk/lib,/lib/oosdk/classes

in it. Secondly, CommandBox resets the system property which likely overwrites any custom setting of yours.

I’m not sure if the -classpath JVM arg is getting used or how to even test for that.

I would recommend maybe trying the -Djava.library.path JVM arg as well.

Thank you! I will try that today.