[coldbox-3.8.1: CF9] Getting error "Invalid method call: getCurrentViewArgs" when using renderView

I have a layout with two instances of renderView()

In the top of the layout I have:

`

#renderView(view="_includes/mainNavigation", cache=true)#

`

In the content area of the Layout I have:

#renderView()#

This is all pretty normal, and has been working fine.

However, if I add a third renderView() at the bottom of the page…

#renderView(view="_includes/footerNavigation")#

I get the following error below.

Even if I replace my third view with the one at the top, so it is exactly the same as a view at the top running fine, I still get the error.

Are the limitations on the number of views I can have in a layout? Am I not able to render a viewlet after the main event view has been rendered?

Thanks

Jason

Oops! exception Encountered### Application Execution ExceptionError Type: BaseORMService.MissingMethodException : [N/A]

Error Messages: Invalid method call: getCurrentViewArgs
The dynamic/static method you called does not exist

Tag Context:
ID: CFTHROW
LINE: 1014
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\BaseORMService.cfc
ID: CF_SUPERSCOPE
LINE: 238
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\coldbox\system\orm\hibernate\VirtualEntityService.cfc
ID: CF_TEMPLATEPROXY
LINE: 82
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc
ID: CF_UDFMETHOD
LINE: 192
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\layouts\Main.cfm
ID: CFINCLUDE
LINE: 338
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc
ID: CF_UDFMETHOD
LINE: 475
LINE: 256
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc
LINE: 79
Template: D:\hshome\infoonli\audiology.asn.au\Application.cfc

I just tried placing the 3rd renderView before the main renderView and it worked fine, so it only seems to be when I try to place a viewlet after the main renderView() that I get the error.

Also seems to be working fine on cf10, only getting the error on cf9.

That line of code in renderer.cfc is:

It should be referencing the request context object, but has been overwritten with an instance of a virtual entity service. Check the code in your main view. There might be a line in there someone accidentally setting “event” to something else.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Thanks Brad, haven’t been able to find anything on this one yet. Couldn’ t find anything in the views overriding the event. For now I am just generating any views to go below the main view into a <cfsavecontent above the main view and then placing the content below, but keen to work out what is going on… will let you know what I find.

Thanks