coldbox-4.2.0+ - [CANNOT CONVER THE VALUE "TRUE*]

So I’ve never used coldbox before and have to now. Using a Windows machine and built in dreamweaver web server, I’m getting this error right off the bat:

I’ll try the try catch stuff you mentioned…and yes, there is more to the error page, here’s the rest of it if you think it might offer you some clue!

Resources:

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.79 Safari/537.36 Edge/14.14393
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer
Date/Time 27-Mar-17 07:48 PM

Hi Gary,

what server are you using? ACF or lucee?

Can you try to run your application using commandbox embedded server?

That full stack trace is more helpful-- but it doesn’t tell us anything more really than you have a CFC somewhere in your app with bad syntax and ColdFusion is blowing up when it tries to compile it. Unfortunately the stack just shows us where the getMetaData() call is that’s erroring, but it doesn’t tell us what CFC it was getting metadata for that blew up! That’s where you need to do a bit of detective work and wrap that line in the util function in a try catch to dump out the name of the CFC it’s processing that’s blowing up. That should lead you straight to the error.

~Brad