[Coldbox 4.2.0] Error creating eviction policy: coldbox.system.cache.policies.LRU

I’ve seen this statement (Error creating eviction policy: coldbox.system.cache.policies.LRU) in several posts but they don’t seem to be of the same cause or at least same path to get there as what I’m getting. Using Coldfusion 9 if I create a new app using commandbox like so -

coldbox create app compliance --installColdBox and launch browser I get -

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error creating eviction policy: coldbox.system.cache.policies.LRU

CacheBoxProvider.EvictionPolicyCreationException

The error occurred in E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/cache/providers/CacheBoxProvider.cfc: line 112
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 646
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 602
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 163
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 100
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 157
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 48
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/coldbox/system/Bootstrap.cfc: line 71
Called from E:/Projects/Server_Dev/App3/compliance/Application.cfc: line 27
110 : //writedump(e); abort;
111 : instance.logger.error(“Error creating eviction policy: #evictionPolicy#”, e);
112 : throw(‘Error creating eviction policy: #evictionPolicy#’,’#e.message# #e.detail# #e.stackTrace#’,‘CacheBoxProvider.EvictionPolicyCreationException’);
113 : }
114 :

If I then writedump the error at line 111 in cacheboxprovider.cfc I get -

struct
Detail The execute function does not specify the same value for the output argument in the coldbox.system.cache.policies.LRU ColdFusion component and the IEvictionPolicy ColdFusion interface.
Message Argument output value mismatch.

Oddly we have Coldbox running on this server with another app. If I copy that coldbox folder and replace the one pulled down via CommandBox I get same error. Is same server so seems not Coldfusion 9 issue. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Thank you!

Is the ColdBox app in a subfolder of the web root? If so, you need to create a server or application mapping that points to “/coldbox”. What happens otherwise is the Application.cfc find the coldbox folder at first because it’s in the same folder, but later in the framework startup, other attempts to use ColdBox fail because there is no mapping.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Same exact error still. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong but the error doesn’t seem to be of a “not found” type…

struct
DetailThe execute function does not specify the same value for the output argument in the coldbox.system.cache.policies.LRU ColdFusion component and the IEvictionPolicy ColdFusion interface.
MessageArgument output value mismatch.

I had the mapping wrong when I test a minute ago. Seems things are found but now I get -

Hmm, did you compare the return value of the execute method to the interface like the error suggests?

Also, do you have component caching turned off in the admin if this is Adobe CF?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Brad,

I just found out today we’re getting new ACF licenses for latest Coldfusion so likely this issue will go away (for us anyway - not sure others have issue or not). I’m still very curious why an app created with commandbox --installColdbox would do this on ACF 9 so I’ll look at this more tomorrow.

Thank you!

Irv