[CommandBox 4.6] Object Instantiation Exception in Coldfusion 2018

Hi,

I’m getting the following error when starting a site using Coldbox 2018 through Commandbox.

# Object Instantiation Exception.
Class not found: com.adobe.coldfusion.entman.ProcessServer

The error occurred in C:/CommandBox/server/61FC5E8A0B31EF9E49402544E3E06675-air_27006/adobe-2018.0.03.314033/CFIDE/adminapi/runtime.cfc: line 2278 |

I’m not experiencing this error when running on locally installed Coldfusion 2018. The only difference I can see is that the I using jre1.8.0_202 on the Commandbox version vs using embedded jre on locally installed version of CF 2108.

Any ideas? What other info can I provide?

Thanks in advance.

Byron

One other thing I noticed. The CF 2018 on CommandBox installs as a Developers Edition. There CF 2018 server that works is an Enterprise Edition. Not sure that this should make a difference.

Byron

It would appear as though you’re using the Admin API to do something with a feature that’s specific to ColdFusion Enterprise, but perhaps you haven’t added a license key to your CommandBox server? I’ve never seen that error and it’s coming from deep within CF so I’d ask Adobe to explain it :slight_smile:

Thanks. I added a license key and got the same result. Maybe a jre isse or difference between 11 and 2018. I see what I can find from Adobe.

Byron

Hi Brad. Once last test before I’m off to Adobe. Can you spin up a CF2018 server in CommandBox and run the following:

This works in CF 11 both in CommandBox and also in a locally installed CF 11 server. It also works in a locally installed CF 2018 server, but not in CF 2018 that is spun up in CommandBox.

Would just like verification that is just not me. :slight_smile:

Hope ITB is going well. Wish I had been able to attend.

Thanks in advance.

byron

Hi, I had same issue today and it’s not related to license, I actually added a valid CF 2023 Enterprise license key. This issue must be in my opinion in some default restriction that should be maybe enabled either in CommandBox server settings or later in CF Admin but I cannot really find out which may be.

BTW I’m running “cfengine”:“adobe@2023” with latest CommandBox v5.9.1+00767

When in my code I ran:

runtime = createObject(“component”, “CFIDE.adminapi.runtime”);
runtime.getInstanceName();

I have the error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.adobe.coldfusion.entman.ProcessServer at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapClassLoader.loadClass(BootstrapClassLoader.java:303)

Please report this Adobe bug to Adobe :slight_smile:

I will :wink: but just a additional note: it works fine if run that code in any Adobe server (since 2018) outside CommandBox (regardless the edition. Development or Enterprise). But I’ll keep trying playing with CF Admin settings in the CB server, maybe it’s just a matter of turn on one of the hundreds of flag/setting options in CF Admin.

To be clear, Commandbox is not likely the difference. Adobe’s WAR deployment is likely missing required jars. I would bet if you take Adobe’s WAR file and run it on Tomcat, you’d probably have the same issue.

1 Like