CommandBox 404 errors installing cbwire

Hi!

I have had problems installing cbwire coldbox module with CommandBox 5.4.2-1 in Ubuntu-20.04:

davidm@Vilmes:~/src/todocoleccion[master]$ box install cbwire@be
 ◑ | Installing package [forgebox:cbwire@be]                                                                                                                                                                          |------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                            | Verifying package 'cbwire' in forgebox, please wait...                                                                                                                                                         × | Installing package [forgebox:cbwire@be]
   |------------------------------------------------------
   | Verifying package 'cbwire' in forgebox, please wait...
   | Installing version [1.1.12-snapshot].
   | Verified entry in forgebox: 'cbwire'
   | Deferring to [https] endpoint for forgebox entry [cbwire]...
   | Downloading [HTTPS://downloads.ortussolutions.com/ortussolutions/coldbox-modules/cbwire/@build.version@/cbwire-@build.version@.zip]
   |------------------------------------------------------
ERROR (5.4.2+00453)

404 Not FoundHTTPS://downloads.ortussolutions.com/ortussolutions/coldbox-modules/cbwire/@build.version@/cbwire-@build.version@.zip
▃▃▃| Installing package [forgebox:cbwire]                                                                                                                                                                             |---------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                               | Verifying package 'cbwire' in forgebox, please wait...                                                                                                                                                         × | Installing package [forgebox:cbwire]
   |---------------------------------------------------
   | Installing version [1.1.12-snapshot].
   | Deferring to [https] endpoint for forgebox entry [cbwire]...
   | Downloading [HTTPS://downloads.ortussolutions.com/ortussolutions/coldbox-modules/cbwire/@build.version@/cbwire-@build.version@.zip]
   |---------------------------------------------------
ERROR (5.4.2+00453)

404 Not FoundHTTPS://downloads.ortussolutions.com/ortussolutions/coldbox-modules/cbwire/@build.version@/cbwire-@build.version@.zip

Same problems with others versions in Ortus Solutions Artifacts Server

Only works with box install cbwire@1.1.0-snapshot. I couldn’t install beta 1.2.

I was following the installation instructions from CBWire Ortus Book in Installation - cbwire

@gcopley Can you help?

The issue would appear to be that the URL in the published version didn’t have the version placeholders swapped out:

I totally missed this when it was originally posted, apologies @David_Moreno !

This was an issue back in November 21 with cbwire’s ForgeBox package storage. This has since been resolved.

You shouldn’t get any errors now when running:

box install cbwire@be

Let me know if you have any other issues, and I’ll be sure to respond much sooner next time :slight_smile:

@gcopley many thanks!! It works now :grin:

@David_Moreno Great to hear! We’ve got a lot of enhancements going into CBWIRE right now, so I’d revisit the docs often. They are being updated daily at the moment.

@gcopley hi! Thanks for the help!

I can install the bleeding edge version but I have problems installing the stable version:

$ box install cbwire
 ⣻ | Installing package [forgebox:cbwire]                                                                                                                                             | Verified entry in forgebox: 'cbwire'                                                                                                                                                                                    × | Installing package [forgebox:cbwire]
   | Installing version [1.1.0].
   | Aww man,  forgebox ran into an issue.
   | Error getting ForgeBox storage location from ForgeBox.  No package binary found for the slug and version provided [cbwire@1.1.0]
   | We're going to look in your local artifacts cache and see if one of those versions will work.
ERROR (5.4.2+00453)

No satisfying version found for [1.1.0].

Well, we tried as hard as we can.  forgebox can't find the package and you don't have a usable version in your local artifacts cache.  Please try another version.

FYI, Grant is traveling today but I’m sure he’ll look at this when he gets a chance.

@David_Moreno I’m not sure what happened there, but I went back and republished 1.1.0 as well as 1.1.13. Can you confirm this is working for you now?

1 Like

Fixed! Thanks @gcopley!!!

1 Like