CommandBox CLI : Missing images

Hi Everyone,

I recently clean installed Windows 11 onto my dev machine and have noticed what I am pretty sure are some missing “images” from the commandbox cli.

Not sure if there is something I was supposed to do, other than the install : or if there is a bug;

The images are missing regardless of using PowerShell or the DOS (cmd.exe) prompt.

CommandBox: v5.5.2+00578
Windows 11: Pro, Version: 21H2, Build: 22000.795
PowerShell: 7.2.5
cmd.exe: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.795]

@GavinBaumanis Apologies, I’m just now seeing this. You are using the Command Bullet Train, which needs a Powerline patched font to display the prompt train correctly. There is some information on how to do this in the README. Let me know if that helps.

Wow, I totally missed this one too somehow! Grant is right, you just need to install a powerline patched font an then use the settings for your operating system’s terminal to select that font to be used.

Here is my favorite font to use.
https://github.com/powerline/fonts/blob/master/DejaVuSansMono/DejaVu%20Sans%20Mono%20for%20Powerline.ttf?raw=true

Alternatively, if you don’t want to install a font, you can turn off the unicode characters like so:

config set modules.commandbox-bullet-train.unicode=false

Since we are talking about awesome Powerline fonts, here is my favorite to use on Windows:

Hack font:

To use the font in VS Code’s terminal, once you have the font installed, simply go to Settings > Features > Terminal and update the font:

2 Likes

I like the Hack font, too!
10/10 would recommend a monospaced font for reading / typing for hours on end!

2 Likes