ContentBox-5.0.0 My morning journey

Having issues with contentbox 4
decided to move to 5

if I can’t get the older version working maybe since they are releasing a newer version I should be spending time on that:
Issues that I ran into
cb5ErrorOne

So I did the following (I already have a Adobe 16 server setup under the webroot in commandbox)

install contentbox-installer@5.0.0-beta-snapshot
server start

Problem server.json had a copy from a prior attempt and launched that instead, though still not sure why server start says it can’t find anythng.
Solution: Clean install forgot the server that was causing the issue and another server tied to the former ContentBox 4 project

server start cfengine=adobe@2016

This launched the dsn creator http://127.0.0.1:60688/modules/contentbox-dsncreator/

Woot success

Issue 2
I so far haven’t had a perfect walk through so failed to connect popped up three times before I found out that the DSN I created didn’t matter if the install package
So the dsncreator failed to find the commandbox dsn . . . which wasn’t my dsn

So I updated the DSN in the express adobe16 server to contentbox and ran the dsncreator (anyone else get bothered by dsn and dns being so close)

Issue 3
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error in executing the DDL.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]The name “false” is not permitted in this context. Valid expressions are constants, constant expressions, and (in some contexts) variables. Column names are not permitted.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36

Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer http://127.0.0.1:60688/modules/contentbox-dsncreator/
Date/Time 25-May-21 11:51 AM

So that’s my efforts so far, following instructions pretty exactly (I attempted just the basic lucees server install earlier to play with my own personal site and that had issues too, is it because I’m on windows?)

Would love to get a Demo any version working, maybe go back to 3?

Which database are you using?
That seems like a jdbc driver issue to me?
I will try out different installs and do videos for you.

Thanks for following up, the server is MS SQL 12.0.6164.21

About your issue with “false”, Mssql seems not to work with default = “false” or “true” in orm objects. If you manually replace it with 0 or (make sure to replace dbdefaults as well) it works. After tables are created you can revert your changes

example

My Friday journey
So started with possibly setting up a container seems my work VM is pretty locked down and I’m dealing with Win10 on docker problems but that’s not something I’m trying to figure out so moved on with the note sent.

Restarted Commandbox and found that something in Commandbox didn’t store the server settings that I updated so I think that may have something to do with a config setting. (also still suffering the requirement that the DSN be called contentbox)

Dealt with it by just setting up the DSN on the server again to point to our test db server (If this doesn’t work I’m moving to sqlExpress local)

Updated BaseEntity provided by Gunnar (thanks) but. . .
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]The name “true” is not permitted in this context. Valid expressions are constants, constant expressions, and (in some contexts) variables. Column names are not permitted.

Investigating, while the error is the same (ok)
the tables were created (that’s new)
so this error was when it was navigating to the root of contentbox (it can do that)

something different happened

Thought since this is happening through dns-creator decided to pull apart the code and search for something Gunnar indicated. . . . well there’s lots so since Boolean isn’t part of SQL standard I replace that in every model (Is ORM supposed to be able to handle boolean for SqlServer?).

Reloaded the page and it didn’t crash right away . . . yay.

OK so still haven’t gotten to contentbox 5 home page and this is the current bug:

An exception occurred when committing the transaction.

The root cause of this exception was: coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateSessionException: Property : settingID - The value 8a8a9eb079b434580179b44f3a670000 cannot be converted to a number…

The error occurred in C:/DEV/sbCMSone/modules/contentbox/models/system/SettingService.cfc: line 293
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/modules/contentbox/ModuleConfig.cfc: line 128
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 727
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 485
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 87
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/Bootstrap.cfc: line 98
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/Application.cfc: line 130
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/modules/contentbox/models/system/SettingService.cfc: line 293
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 727
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/web/services/ModuleService.cfc: line 485
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 87
Called from C:/DEV/sbCMSone/modules/contentbox/models/system/SettingService.cfc: line 293

Have I said that I’m currently working w/ boring old cfquery in cfcs (or api calls or all data collection) and html5/bootstrap as my display with logic handled by a switch.
Frameworks are mysteriously frustrating.

I hope this helps

PS: I’m always trying ideas and cluttering up a clean install environment. Blowing everything away and starting from scratch. Maybe downloading MySQL 5 b/c that seems to be the db that defaults on the install. (Commandbox install that is)
PSS: Did I mention that navigatiing to this http://127.0.0.1:60688/cbadmin/dashboard shows just the words “Not Found”

Doing my clean install

So I’m gonna just leave this for when things have been worked out and attempt an earlier install

But as stated in the docs
I attempted to install

install contentbox-installer@5.0.0-beta-snapshot
server start cfengine=adobe@2016

The simplest thing to say is that this won’t even take me to setup Contentbox

It’s at this point I start doing Dev problem solving, changing things that I may only be guessing, tinkering with files because it isn’t working.

I should point out that .env file of the root may be a problem in the install if I’m trying to install anything but MySQL 5

Windows10 (in a secured environment with Crowdwatch Falcon)
Microsoft SQL Server Express (64-bit) 15.0.2000.5
CF 2016 (today’s version installed by commandbox)