DocBox doesn't like static

I’m using docbox 3.0.0+57 to generate documentation for my components; as I have only recently adopted the use of static properties and methods, I have only now noticed that docbox will just omit these when generating the documentation. Is this a known defect or would I need to do provide some additional configuration options to make docbox aware that some more revent language features are in use?

When both static and non-static methods are in a CFC, the static methods are ignored while documentation for the non-static methods is being generated.

Kind regards

Markus

1 Like

Howdy Markus!

Are you on Lucee or ACF? I did a little digging, I discovered Lucee 5’s getComponentMetadata() does not return any data on static methods or properties within a component. As far as DocBox knows, those methods don’t exist.

On ACF 2018, static methods are shown… but static properties are not. :confused:

I would stick with the variables scope for now, until these bugs get fixed.

Hi,

Yes, Lucee all over - and I’m using commandbox-docbox anyway, and as Commandbox ist using an embedded Lucee server, this explains why the static methods are omitted. I’m using static in lieu of APPLICATION singletons where appropriate and find this quite elegant. I think I’ll just wait for Lucee to get this fixed before refactoring the code to a pre-static state. But thank you for clearing up that issue.

Kind regards

Markus

P.S.: I browsed Jira and couldn’t find any reported issue yet, so I added one here: [LDEV-3362] getComponentMetaData omits static methods and properties - Lucee

1 Like