Error cloning commandbox-cfconfig on Macbook Pro M1

steps to reproduce:
brew install commandbox
==> Pouring commandbox–5.5.0.all.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /opt/homebrew/Cellar/commandbox/5.5.0: 248 files, 98.5MB

steve@MacBook-Pro certificates % box install commandbox-cfconfig
× | Installing package [forgebox:commandbox-cfconfig] | Verifying package ‘commandbox-cfconfig’ in forgebox, please wait… | Installing version [1.7.0]. | Verified entry in forgebox: ‘commandbox-cfconfig’
| Deferring to [github] endpoint for forgebox entry [commandbox-cfconfig]…
| Using branch [v1.7.0]
| Cloning Git URL [GitHub - Ortus-Solutions/commandbox-cfconfig: A CLI for managing Adobe, Lucee, and Railo server configuration]

ERROR (5.5.0+00558)

Error cloning github repository

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.NullPointerException: No Bundle provided

That’s an odd error, but without a stack trace, there’s no telling what it means. Did you check CommandBox’s system log for more info? Also, try enabling the verbose error config setting.

HI @sbenjamin The repo cloning problem turned out to be a super ridiculous combination of Lucee, Log4j, Apache Felix and jGit and it didn’t break until Lucee 5.3.9.129-SNAPSHOT which was only one week before Lucee 5.3.9 went stable. jGit only broke just days before Lucee released. I believe the bug is ultimately in Log4j itself, but it only manifested in a very specific set of circumstances. Adding the java system property of

Log4jContextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.selector.ClassLoaderContextSelector

inside a commandbox.properties file in the same folder as box.exe will work around it for now which forces Log4j into a slightly different code path that doesn’t use the OSGI bundle context loader.

I am working on a patch update to CommandBox to try and get it working for everyone again.

I’ve just pushed CommandBox 5.5.1. Can you please give it a test and see if Git cloning is working out of the box now?