Files locked when removing CommandBox

trying to reinstall, but cannot delete anything. When i try to just delete the directory, it cant because the file is in use. I stop/ended the java process and box process and they just start back up… Unable to get commandbox to load, this is what i get.

*updating installed jars
Library path: C:\Users\Administrator.CommandBox\lib
Initializing libraries – this will only happen once, and takes a few seconds…
Cleaning old Felix Cache…
Exception in thread “main” java.io.FileNotFoundException: Failed to delete file: C:\Users\Administrator.CommandBox\engine\cfml\cli\lucee-server\felix-cache\bundle107\version0.0\bundle.jar
at cliloader.Util.deleteDirectory(Util.java:459)
at cliloader.Util.deleteDirectory(Util.java:456)
at cliloader.LoaderCLIMain.initialize(LoaderCLIMain.java:818)
at cliloader.LoaderCLIMain.main(LoaderCLIMain.java:595)

That means you still have a CLI instance or a server running somewhere. Look in your task manager for java.exe process and make sure they are all dead.

In extreme cases, I’ve had people report they needed to restart Windows when it wouldn’t unlock a file. There is a tool called Process Explorer by sysinternals which allows you to search for a file handle and it will tell you exactly what process has it locked. Very handy in scenarios like this.

got it, thank you. I was able to finally get them all to stop. There was a CFML junk file process it was called that i was able to stop.