Forgebox Documentation / How-To Instructions for Noobs?

I created my first public module in Forgebox called “rememberMe” designed to work alongside cbauth (or any auth system) to keep users logged into an application. I took a stab at figuring out how to publish the module myself from Github but the Forgebox says it is “unpublished”. I feel like this module would help other devs in the community but I’m not exactly sure what my workflow should look like going from VS Code to publishing and keeping the module up to date on Foregebox.

Is there any documentation, tutorial, or CF Casts series on using Forgebox that someone could point to?

I did come across this old blog post, but it doesn’t really get into details of a modern workflow. Any help or guidance would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

I would start here

There’s a lot of “workflows” and any of them can be “right” if it works for you :slight_smile: For most of my simple projects, the first publish and all thereafter are really just

CommandBox> bump --minor

and I have this package script in my box.json:

{
  "scripts" : {
     "onRelease":"publish"
  }
}

Which automatically publishes the package whenever I bump the version. And if you want you can add this too to keep Git up to date:

{
  "scripts" : {
     "onRelease":"publish",
     "postPublish":"!git push --follow-tags"
  }
}

It’s really really just a matter of what pieces of the puzzle you want to automatically tie together.

1 Like

Thanks, @bdw429s, I want all the puzzle pieces! :wink:
I will give it a shot and report back. Looking forward to seeing you at Into the Box!

1 Like