Hosting provider to stay well clear off

Anyone who is looking to host ColdBox on Hostek.com I warn you right now, stay well clear of these guys.

I have been trying for 5 days for these guys to do their job, and fix security permissions on basic things. When they fix it, it sometimes last upto 24 hours before someone has to fix it again.

I am going to make the assumption that someone is making the changes, but they claim they are not making changes. However when you get a java.io.permission on /CFIDE/orm/IEventHandler then this doesn’t make sense. They even blamed me on all occasions, and then spend 5 hours going through the code to see what the problem was.

Even when told straight up that the SandBox configuration is broken, they still will not admit to making any changes and blame you. But when they get it working the response is that the SandBox was corrupted, and this is like 20 hours later.

I do not believe these guys are very professional in their support, and I will leave it up to you. But as far as I am concerned as soon as I find another hosting provider, that can offer what I am looking for I will kiss them good bye.

My main concern is that if outside of business hours and this SandBox problem occurs, there is not one person outside of business hours that can fix this problem. Even during business hours they have no clue and point the finger at everything else but themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but I am so damn furious with these guys it is not funny.

Regards,

Andrew Scott

http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Anyone who is looking to host ColdBox on Hostek.com I warn you right now, stay well clear of these guys.

I have been trying for 5 days for these guys to do their job, and fix security permissions on basic things. When they fix it, it sometimes last upto 24 hours before someone has to fix it again.

I am going to make the assumption that someone is making the changes, but they claim they are not making changes. However when you get a java.io.permission on /CFIDE/orm/IEventHandler then this doesn’t make sense. They even blamed me on all occasions, and then spend 5 hours going through the code to see what the problem was.

Even when told straight up that the SandBox configuration is broken, they still will not admit to making any changes and blame you. But when they get it working the response is that the SandBox was corrupted, and this is like 20 hours later.

I do not believe these guys are very professional in their support, and I will leave it up to you. But as far as I am concerned as soon as I find another hosting provider, that can offer what I am looking for I will kiss them good bye.

My main concern is that if outside of business hours and this SandBox problem occurs, there is not one person outside of business hours that can fix this problem. Even during business hours they have no clue and point the finger at everything else but themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but I am so damn furious with these guys it is not funny.

Regards,

Andrew Scott

I will concur on AWS. It’s very cost compelling, though you do have work a bit harder.

I’ve recently begun my foray into Elastic Beanstalk. It’s not perfect, and there’s some kinks to iron out (such as font management), but the ability to auto-scale and then turn off as I see fit is pretty amazing to me.

That said, I’m sure the list would benefit from feedback on folks on “traditional hosting” that have been able to deploy CB3 sites with little headache.

Billy Cravens

Let me tell you how bad hostek.com are, most of the errors I am getting have been to do with a java.io.file permission to /CFID/orm/IEventHandler.cfc they turned around and told me that ColdBox will have to find another way to use do this stuff. Because there is no way they will allow access to this file on a permanent basis.

Let me tell you I have never hit the floor laughing so hard in my life.

If you want to keep your hair, then I suggest not even looking at them.

Regards,

Andrew Scott