Intermittent "Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface" issue when reloading entities.

Hi Brad, thanks for your reply!!

I am using AdobeCF 10 on MacOSX (sorry, should have mentioned).

After playing around some more I have narrowed it down to the active entity plugin. I am injecting the Profile entity in the top of some of my models & handlers with:

property name="profile" inject="entityService:Profile";

When the error occurs, I just need to follow these steps:

1. Remove entityService, so I have:

`

property name=“profile” inject=“Profile”;

`

1. Reload the Application, and it loads fine

2. Put entityService back into my property, so I have this again:

property name="profile" inject="entityService:Profile:'

1. Reload the Application again, and all runs fine… Until I make a change to /model/Provile.cfc, and have to go through the process again.

So… I guess to answer your question… it runs inside Coldbox fine, but the issue arises when I try to inject it with entityService.

Also, since my last post, I have added some settings to Application.cfc ormsettings:

`

flushAtRequestEnd = false,
autoManageSession = false,

`

Here is the stacktrace…

Stack Trace
at cfCFORMUtil2ecfc1991240640$funcGETENTITYDATASOURCE.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/orm/hibernate/util/CFORMUtil.cfc:69) at cfVirtualEntityService2ecfc28374120$funcINIT.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/orm/hibernate/VirtualEntityService.cfc:67) at cfBuilder2ecfc213053196$funcGETENTITYSERVICEDSL.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/ioc/Builder.cfc:376) at cfBuilder2ecfc213053196$funcBUILDDSLDEPENDENCY.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/ioc/Builder.cfc:333) at cfInjector2ecfc1099092999$funcPROCESSINJECTION.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc:584) at cfInjector2ecfc1099092999$funcAUTOWIRE.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc:471) at cfSingleton2ecfc1821240492$funcGETFROMSCOPE.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/ioc/scopes/Singleton.cfc:57) at cfInjector2ecfc1099092999$funcGETINSTANCE.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/ioc/Injector.cfc:260) at cfInterceptorService2ecfc1044855851$funcCREATEINTERCEPTOR.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/web/services/InterceptorService.cfc:255) at cfInterceptorService2ecfc1044855851$funcREGISTERINTERCEPTOR.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/web/services/InterceptorService.cfc:196) at cfInterceptorService2ecfc1044855851$funcREGISTERINTERCEPTORS.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/web/services/InterceptorService.cfc:110) at cfInterceptorService2ecfc1044855851$funcONCONFIGURATIONLOAD.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/web/services/InterceptorService.cfc:76) at cfLoaderService2ecfc1009268877$funcLOADAPPLICATION.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc:81) at cfColdbox2ecfc1792631573$funcLOADCOLDBOX.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc:71) at cfColdbox2ecfc1792631573$funcRELOADCHECKS.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc:102) at cfApplication2ecfc1682482169$funcONREQUESTSTART.runFunction(/Users/jason/Sites/Groups/site/Application.cfc:65)

Thanks again Brad!!!

Jason

I noticed your first stack trace involved the HandlerService. The second one involved the InterceptorService instead. Is the trace different every time?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

hi Brad, sorry for the mess this topic has gotten into… it seems such a convoluted issue and after hours looking at it still can’t find a definitive pattern…

I get both of stack traces depending at what stage of the ‘resolution’ process I am in, but I can’t seem to find a pattern to it.

I think…
a. The interceptor stacktrace is returned when I have
inject=“entityService:Profile”;

b. The handler stacktrace is returned when I have for example
inject=“Profile”;

But this also varies for different models…

The feeling I get is that the entityService is trying to load the model before CF ORM has had a chance to load it… but I’m only guessing on that.

I’ve stuck the app in a zip file to be downloaded (32mb)… https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/cloud.assetmedia.com.au/activeEntityIssue.zip

if anyone has an itch to work on a mind bender (although it may be obvious to someone more experienced)… I’ve ran out of docs to read and settings to cross check… I’ts a fairly trim app at this point only a couple of models and db tables. Orm is setup with dropcreate, so if you want to run it just point to a db and it should just run.

Thanks in advance, and I would be hugely indebted to anyone who can work this out. ActiveEntity looks GREAT, but I just can’t seem to get it stable :frowning:

I marked this for follow up, and forgot to follow it up. Do you still have this problem?

The only thing that I can suggest, is that you will need to put persistent=“false” or is it persists, I can’t recall off the top of my head.