/_media not being resolved when image placed via editor in contentbox

Using ckeditor in contentbox and trying to insert an image from media library.

Media library shows and picks image successfully but generated url (src="/__media/test images/_DSC9515.JPG") wont display in editor, preview or site.

manually editing source to C:\ColdFusion2016\cfusion\wwwroot\modules_app\contentbox-custom_content\test images_DSC9512.JPG works in editor, preview or site.
geek settings => cb_media_directoryRoot /contentbox-custom/_content

Added “cb_media_directoryRoot” = “/modules_app/contentbox-custom/_content” to coldbox.cfc to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Lee

Will have to check this Lee. What version, what cfml engine, what os?

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp

P/F: 1-888-557-8057

CF2016, Apache 2.4, Coldbox and Contentbox are latest versions. All on win 10

Can you tell me how you are running COntentBox? Is this via COmmandBox or vanilla ACF install?

Vanilla ACF

I need some more info Lee.

The __media is a route in the UI module. We would need to know what is the exception when loading the images. Look in chrome or firefox dev tools and send us more info about these urls please.

Sorry to resurrect this, but I am having the same problem as Lee, and I did not see any more recent updates. No errors are generated when the page loads, other than the “image not found” icon.

It seems as if the __media route is not being “translated” properly. When I view source on the page, the img src for the image is simply . Trying to access that URL directly results in a 404 error. If I hard-code the URL, such as https://mysite.com/modules_app/contentbox-custom/_content, then the image displays fine.

Note that the media manager itself works fine as far as uploading images, showing what is in the folder, and so on. But trying to insert an image will result in the same “image not found” behavior, even in the preview function of the media manager.

I am using vanilla ACF 2016, IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012, ContentBox 4.2.1.

Let me know if I can provide any further information! Thank you very much!

Following up on this from another post, in case anybody else is interested and checks here. Andreas got me pointed on the right track. I was able to resolve the issue with a rewrite rule in IIS. Here is the rule I used: